Recent content by gch.3

1. gch.3

Why do so many people leave the Hobby?

I have been keeping fish for 30 yrs started with fresh water went to salt built a reef had kids went back to fresh water kids got older just getting back into salt again Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
  2. gch.3

My 27 gallon reef

Well all seems good. Did a 10% wc today. Diy overflow is dead silent and running great. Skimmer is a little loud but I think a muffler and plumbing the discharge to below the sump water level should fix that. My orange zoa frag I just got has a new pylop opening. The other frags I recieved are...
  3. gch.3

Why ReefSanctuary?

I also do research on other fourms. Here is where I Like to call home the people here will go out of there way to help you. They care about your tank as much as theirs. It is like one big family!!
  4. gch.3

My 27 gallon reef

I recieved my frag yesterday when I opened the box there were two frags one was a freebie. Both frags are open and doing well heres a pic.
  5. gch.3

My 27 gallon reef

Yes he and the two damsels are probable going to go but had to give them a home cause I took down the other tank
  6. gch.3

My 27 gallon reef

well I have had the tank for a week now. It is a 27 gal marineland (20x18x20) with a 10 gal sump, quite one 2200 return pump, reef devil skimmer, diy silent overflow,2 aquaclear 20 powerheads, 200 w marineland heater, redsea wave maker,2 oddysee light for 8 18w tubes of t5,and marineland...
  7. gch.3

1000+ Gallon Display Plywood/Fiberglass Build

update????? please i need a fix man. lol
  8. gch.3

center brace on 125 gal stand

^^^ that is what i did
  9. gch.3

GFI tripping

what is the circuit rated for? what is is the gfci rated for? wire size?
  10. gch.3

biocube 29 or jbj 28 and why

jbj28 you can get 150w hqi. and was planing to mod for lighting in the future. i am looking for the best base tank to start with. other nano all in one would be considered.
  11. gch.3

biocube 29 or jbj 28 and why

getting ready to start a new tank and cant make up my mind. i want to make a clown tank with an anemone and some zoa's. any help would be appreciated.
  12. gch.3

are you running a separte fuge? if not the uv is what killes the rubber so life could be shorter than 20 years at 24 hr a day of light exposer.
  13. gch.3

T5HO ballast upgrade and bulb combo

imho #1 is your best choice for that tank. if you up grade the tank in the future you have an excellent start for your lighting system. just get good bulbs because you will be overdriving them to about 80w.
  14. gch.3

Complete newbie saying hello!

:welcomera to rs. setting up a tank is a great idea. the biggest peace of advice i can give is patience
  15. gch.3

hey matt its been almost 2 weeks of filling and draining hows the ph doing. were all here chomping at the bit waiting for an update. please:olsmile: