biocube 29 or jbj 28 and why

witch one should i get

• biocube 29

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • jbj 28

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

gch.3

getting ready to start a new tank and cant make up my mind. i want to make a clown tank with an anemone and some zoa's. any help would be appreciated.

gch.3

jbj28 you can get 150w hqi. and was planing to mod for lighting in the future. i am looking for the best base tank to start with. other nano all in one would be considered.

drydens

Disagree with the statement about lighting and Anemones. I have Annies in both a BC 14 (2.5 years- Condy) and 24G AP 3 years -Rose LTA). no worries at all. I feed them one small deli shrimp a week (peeled) and each has a Clown hosting in them (Note that the only clown I have ever been succesful in hositng in a Condy is a Maroon). Alltanks use stock lighting (CFs).

BoDiddley

RSM IMO is a very very nice tank and i would have loved to get one but i personally couldnt find one locally. the BC29 has the new HQI model and i dont like the rear chamber set up of the JBJ28 or the large bow that is has in it

StevieT

RS Sponsor
There are a few choice for both the BC and NC28 today, they have to do with lighting.

I personally like the filtration chambers of the BC better. The NC has some interesting design choices. That said the NC has been the leader in better lighting in the hood, yet it may lead to higher heat, cept for that fancy new LED which isn't proven yet to be that bright.

They are all the same at the end of the day when you take off the light and most upgrade any AIO aquarium.

If you want just a clown with some zoas go with PC lighting, skip the anem, they are a pain in the ass in a small tank, need high lighting and your clown with host just about anything including a magfloat. Get a frogspawn if you want it to host a coral.