Recent content by David

1. David

Clown Fish layed eggs tonight

Chances are they'll be at it again in a couple of weeks, try setting down a piece of glass near the anemone, they might lay them on that. Mcuh easier to move than rock.
  2. David

The eye candy trap caught me big time

Yeah, quite literally, I could get the equipment faster on a slow boat from China. Good thinking on the books. I keep forgetting about the likes of Amazon. Online shopping in this country is extraordinarily poor, so I usually forget about it as an option. As for the tank.... I've gotta...
  3. David

Reefer Addict's Reef

Holy moly, how much does that stand and hood weigh?
  4. David

Hey don't get me wrong, I quite like Russell Crowe, you've just got to take the mickey out of people once in a while. It's the Australian way. tankgirl, I know this is going to irk a few people, but hey, sucks to be them. :D Substrate is the way for me. Back in my fresh water days...
  5. David

Algae scrubber vs Refugium

Flatlander, I don't think a high flow rate is better, but it gets rid of that discolouration that you can sometimes get, and that slimey looking algae doesn't seem to dig it either. Maybe it just ends up somewhere else, but hey, the fact that you could load your tanks up with fish up the...
  6. David

Reefer Addict's Reef

Hey, it may be just a screw in bracket, but hey, the man's got class. Nice work, cowboy.
  7. David

What Corals?

Hey Tosh, around our neck of the woods, unless you can find some cheap import or some home made job, you'll find it's much cheaper to aircondition the room than to buy a chiller. Grumble, grumble...
  8. David

As macro as I can get

Well. That makes ordinary macro look pretty poor. Nice work.
  9. David

Sony cybershot

Gaaah, I've been found out. Yep, can tell you about the equipment, but the use of the equipment I'd leave to some of the others.
  10. David

Reefer Addict's Reef

awwww, no chrome strips either.
  11. David

Shark, ocassionally, usually a rip, but mostly Russell Crowe fighting with people.
  12. David

Just some closeups of acros

Hey tankgirl, what kind of hardware you got for those shots?
  13. David

Reasonably close to the ocean, but the beaches here are absolutely shocking. In consolation though, we have the Gold Coast south, and the Sunshine Coast north, about 30 minutes either way, which are pretty much some of the best beaches you will find. Well, except for the odd tourist ummmm...
  14. David

Nope, no water discolouration here, and no skimmer. But the water passing through was quite high. Also, no specific algae grown; it started off as an experiment, so whatever grew, grew. And yeah, I suppose a refugium would do a similar thing, but an algae scrubber is all work no show. It's...
  15. David

I'm definately an advocate for the algae scrubber. Have seen one used in a commerical application as the sole source of filtration. Also, some major water wildlife parks also use them as their sole form of filtration. My personal experience with them has been that they are particularly good...