Reefer Addict's Reef

Playa

Dave let just say: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot dig it dog!!!

What an awesome stand! keep the pictures coming. Your tank set up will be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I put money on it now!

addict

Ya know... you guys have been great for my ego. :D

I pretty much took the night off working on the project, though I did give in a little and built some shelves for additives/freeze-dried food/testing regents on the right rear door.
Will probably get started on the sump in the morning. It's raining so I'll probably have to wait to paint it once the sun comes back out, but I hope to get it constructed up to that point and then I can start the canopy... plus I still have some preliminary lighting work to do, and other various odds & ends.
The big part of the project is done though... and it's quite a relief.

Last edited:

addict

This pic is just for you David. :D

Attachments

• chrome.jpg
    chrome.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

addict

And here's a shot of the stand fan (for you fan fetishists out there) :D

Attachments

• standfan.jpg
    standfan.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

addict

And here's the shelves I mentioned in my previous post.

Attachments

• shelves.jpg
    shelves.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

addict

And...
last but not least, is a shot of all the doors open on the stand. The electrical control panel is on the left side (you can see 1 of the doors open in the left front). Should give me plenty of access underneath.

Attachments

• stand5.jpg
    stand5.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

addict

Them shelves is glued and screwed, Johnny... they'll tear the door off the stand before they're coming off the door... :D

Gina

RS STAFF
I can't wait to see it finally done with tank on it! That's a really cool stand!

mojoreef

Just a reefer
WOW how did I miss this thread....RA what an outstanding project. you are the man for sure. whens the plastic going on this baby???

Mike

addict

The plastic should be here in a little over a week (the 27th of February), and the tank is going to be installed in the house during the 3rd week of March... I can't wait. :D
The builder said the tank's already done, but it must've slipped his mind that he said he'd get me a pic of it... looks like I might have to remind him. ;)

Thanks again, guys and gals.

addict

Airborne Express just dropped off a new toy, so I thought I'd share...
A custom Stoneyreef Kalk Reactor, with a 17" height rather than the standard 24"... I think this is gonna work out good. :D

Attachments

• kalk-reactor.jpg
    kalk-reactor.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

addict

Yep... I've kept the shipping companies busy this month. :D
I think the best day will be next Friday when the tank finally arrives... then the real fun begins. :)