Lynn's 90 gallons of Sunshine

lcstorc

I know, excuses, excuses, but I was on vacation and as soon as I got back started a new job. :)bigbounce:)
I will post one vacation pic real quick before leaving for work (yes, working on the weekend, but I was without work for so long, that I have to deal with it.)
Seashells for Sunshine and Moonshine. (Yes properly boiled twice before adding.)

Attachments

• seashells for Sunshine and Moonshine.jpg
    seashells for Sunshine and Moonshine.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 95

lcstorc

I figured they would appreciate the building material more.
Actually we didn't go anywhere to even get t-shirts. We just went to our time-share an hour away in Sebastian.
As a matter of fact, it was the place where this whole reefing thing began. One year I let the kids bring hermit crabs back from the one of the islands like the one with the shells.
Somehow that morphed into the crazyness of 4 tanks and who knows how much money.

lcstorc

It's a boy!!!
Yes, it is finally confirmed. Sunshine is in fact a male. He was missing last night and I was starting to get a bit worried but tonight he was back in his favorite burrow FLASHING! I thought his head looked a bit pale but I wasn't sure, then he chased after a mysis and I about freaked.
This means I probably have a pair. If it was 2 males they would have likely fought by this time so I have been pretty sure at least one was female.
Maybe someday he will have some eggs but even without dreaming that far in advance, it is super cool to know he is a male and is comfortable enough in his surroundings to show breeding colors.
I'll try for pics tomorrow. Lots of tank excitement here this week so the camera will definitely be in use this weekend.

lcstorc

LOL
When they flash the bottom half of their body gets very very dark while the top half gets very light, so when you said the dark side it made me laugh.

BarbMazz

Congratulations, Lynn! Hmm. Do you need to rename him now? Sunshine doesn't seem awfully manly. :D

I really do hope you get some pictures!

Has Moonshine noticed anything different about her tankmate?

lcstorc

I've thought about the names for a while Barb but it just didn't seem right to change it now. Hubby is still mad I changed from Sparkles to Sunshine. Plus I like the Sunshine, Moonshine combination and Moonshine is so much darker it just wouldn't be right to swap.
As much as I know these fish have personalities, I don't think they know if their name is too feminine. :)

BarbMazz

I think you'd be surprised what they know. Stay up late at night sometime and watch how they point and talk when we're not around! :D

I like the Sunshine/Moonshine combo, too, but I had to tease you a little bit.

Speaking of teasing, how Mr Vegetarian doing?

lcstorc

ROFL. I have him totally converted to salad and tofu. NOT.
He is still the same. I did sneak a few veggies into a stir fry I did the other day but he still thinks broccoli will kill him and he took that out.

caitrina

It's a boy!!!
Yes, it is finally confirmed. Sunshine is in fact a male. He was missing last night and I was starting to get a bit worried but tonight he was back in his favorite burrow FLASHING! I thought his head looked a bit pale but I wasn't sure, then he chased after a mysis and I about freaked.
This means I probably have a pair. If it was 2 males they would have likely fought by this time so I have been pretty sure at least one was female.
Maybe someday he will have some eggs but even without dreaming that far in advance, it is super cool to know he is a male and is comfortable enough in his surroundings to show breeding colors.
I'll try for pics tomorrow. Lots of tank excitement here this week so the camera will definitely be in use this weekend.

Wow, this is sooo cool....hey I remember that fish! I guess Sarah is gone now, but that's ok.I am glad I didn't get her now. Anyway, sounds like things are going great! I was reading this from the beginning. When I saw the date I couldn't believe that it was that long ago. I remember that day, the first day this came to be!!! lol...what fun we had, huh? OK, so I called you today so I can get some corals to you before the weekend, maybe have to meet in the evening. Anyway, talk soon.!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
ROFL. I have him totally converted to salad and tofu. NOT.
He is still the same. I did sneak a few veggies into a stir fry I did the other day but he still thinks broccoli will kill him and he took that out.

Frank is a VERY wise man! I have a friend who has a cousin who knows someone who worked with a guy who's uncle ate broccoli 1 time and had the worse case of "Broccolisoliouslious" and barely survived. If there hadn't of been a guy there who happened to be carrying a stomach pump he wouldn't have made it! Talk about LUCK!

:D

brikeibur

Lynn I love your anthias!!

I hope to eventually get a few once my new 76g finishes cycling. The 24g is already overcrowded and even if, that would be a no-go for them!!!

Frans

Ok, you all know how much I like posting, but I have to clear the air. I actually do like Broccoli. I really do, as long as it remains on Lynn's plate. AND before I forget again, I did earn a brownie point once by tasting some of those little green things that stick to your teeth. Lynn gave me a .... well you know. It just so happened that one of those little green buggers got up and jump out of her mouth and right in to mine. Boy I'll never let that happen again... :yup: :yup: :yup: I need a hug:hug1:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! Frank's ONLINE and on RS! that's GOT to be some kind of "sign".

Frank always remember... "Say NOT to broccoli!"

Good to see you man! Don't be a stranger!!

A.