Lynn's 90 gallons of Sunshine

lcstorc

Thanks Al,
Now he is going to start yelling "not" every time I have broccoli.
He actually stopped by to get the link to send to an old friend and then started reading the thread.
LOL

I love the anthias. Unfortunately we did lose one when we went on vacation but the other 3 are swimming away acting like we never feed them.
They really do add a lot of movement to the tank and the orange looks great against all of the purple.

BarbMazz

Ok, you all know how much I like posting, but I have to clear the air. I actually do like Broccoli. I really do, as long as it remains on Lynn's plate. AND before I forget again, I did earn a brownie point once by tasting some of those little green things that stick to your teeth. Lynn gave me a .... well you know. It just so happened that one of those little green buggers got up and jump out of her mouth and right in to mine. Boy I'll never let that happen again... :yup: :yup: :yup: I need a hug:hug1:

You mean I missed you, Frank!?! :nopity:

Remember! I personally witnessed you tasting a vegetable, so I know how much you love them. :tongue:

lcstorc

Well, I officially have a breeding pair of Bluespots!!!

Moonshine either swallowed a basketball or is seriously preggers!!!
We'll see if she manages to pass the eggs to Sunshine.
I wish I could get pics but they are both staying very close to home. Sunshine barely comes out to eat so I am target feeding them both.

lcstorc

We are a long way from baby blues but I get super excited with each new step. I am really suprised she is pregnant already.
I'll certainly keep an eye out. If he starts carrying the eggs I will probably flip out.

lcstorc

Drum roll please.

Sunshine Flashing
Sunshineflashing.jpg

Apparently he is very convincing sine here is moonshine.
moonshine1.jpg

Pregnantmoonshine.jpg

lcstorc

I just have to figure out what happens next. This first spawn is likely to not make it but I need to start getting prepared in case one does at some point.
I have a 10g tank that can be set up rapidly, and blacking out the sides can be done in a moment or two. I have air pumps and airstones. I think the thing that will be tricky is catching any fry and then having the appropriate food.
I am getting way ahead of myself here. Let's just see if we have a successful transfer. I believe that is the next step but I don't know when.

plecosword

nice pics! I have to ask though, on the first picture, why is sunshine white from the head? Can he change colors?

lcstorc

When the males "flash" their coloration changes dramatically. Sunshine is generally lighter than Moonshine, but both are solid yellow with the blue spots. Males heads stay yellow but then about 2/3 is of their body turns white with the blue spots and the bottom 1/2 turns a dark blue or purple. They also have a yellow spot on their top fin part of the way into the white.
Once breeding season is over, they go back to their normal coloration.

caitrina

Lynn, remember when my clowns slipped/ Heinz told me to black everything out and take a flashlight and a container, hold the container to the top of the water and shine the light there and they will swim into the container. It works, however these aren't clowns, but I think it would be the same difference...:) Congratulations, now let's see some blues....guess I broke it all down too soon, huh? lol Speaking of which how is everything doing?

lcstorc

From the info I can find about raising pearly jawfish that part seems to be the same. We'll see what happens.
Meanwhile all of your corals are settling in nicely. Most have found a home in one of the reefs but a couple are still in the frag tank while I decide where they would like to be.
The biggest suprise was the duncans. (Partially because I have never had them.) I thought you said they were just starting to come back. They are incredible and totally opened up the first day.

caitrina

No the Duncans were in pretty great shape. I love my Duncans...they had come back...I lost 2 of them and there was one on there that was near death and he came back fine. I think I was talking about the sun polyps, thinking one thing and saying another. They are starting to come back, when they do they will be greenish brown, in fact on the top rim of one of them you will see the greenish brown . Those are real pretty too. I think you will like them when they color up.
I'm glad you like the Duncans.