Cioutlaws 225 gallon

shaunnyg

Cioutlaws
Could you sketch up how your plumbing your sump. How do you route the flow to the refugium?
I love the new tank though.

Cheers

cioutlaw

Cioutlaws
Could you sketch up how your plumbing your sump. How do you route the flow to the refugium?
I love the new tank though.

Cheers

I have it plumbed but hard to get a picture. looking at the pic below

From the overflow I have (1) 2" Durso that goes to the area on the right & tee's off with (1) 1" line that goes to the Fuge(area on left). I used a ball valve on this line to control flow. Both the right & left areas will overflow into the center section with the (2) 1" bulkheads & will go to 2 external pumps & then tee into (1) 1.5" going back to the tank. I used 2 pumps for 2 reasons..If 1 pump quits I still have flow & the other because im going to use the pump from my old tank. Above the tank the 1.5" line splits back into (2) 1" lines feeding 2 WavySea wave makers. Hope that all mades sense:)

Ill get some completed pictures later.
DSC01962.JPG

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Looks really good... :thumbup:

Put your thread on subscription... looking forward to following your progress...:chair:

cioutlaw

Here are some better pics

The one pump is mising because it is still running my old tank but you can see the valve it will attach to. The outlet next to the pump is wired to a switch so I can kill the pumps easily.
DSC02032.JPG

DSC02033.JPG

(2) 2" lines go to the skimmer area one is from a Durso stand pipe & the other is just an 2" standpipe ran just below the top edge of the tank in case the first 2" were to fail. The 1.5"(lower line) is coming from the (2) pumps. I actually ordered the tank with (2) 2" lines & (2) 1.5" lines just case they would be needed in the future. Pipe job would have been much better had Glasscages put the holes on the right side & i wouldnt have had to cross the supply & returns.
DSC02035.JPG

Ater teeing off & reducing to 1" this line goes to the fuge
DSC02036.JPG

cioutlaw

That is gonna be great. Moving the old tank must be a fun job.

I didnt think I could remove the corals & get them back in so I left all the rock, sand & corals in the tank, drained it down to about 3" for the fish. Slid the whole thing about 4 feet & refilled it with same water. Wasnt bad after I got it out of the crater it had left in the carpet...it didnt want to slide, had to lift it out.

cioutlaw

Well 4 days after the move I lost 0 corals & 1 fish. I did physically lose a couple frags but my Bangai Cardinal died on Tuesday. He was swimming around as if he lost his balance & the other fish did him off. Have all my equipment running except my PH controller that got wet. Also hooked up a ATO directly off the RO/DI, works great so far..wish I had done that years ago! Still have to arrange corals a bit but here are some quik pics I took tonight.

DSC02046.JPG

DSC02047.JPG

DSC02048.JPG

DSC02049.JPG

DSC02050.JPG

Right side of sump area, fuge to the far right & at the moment Im just circulating water & not mixing it with the tank
DSC02052.JPG

Left side of sump area, still not very organized.
DSC02053.JPG

Inside of the canopy are (3) 250w DE Reef Optix pendants & the (2) Wavyseas
DSC02055.JPG

Above the canopy is open & I installed a ceiling fan above for evap cooling
DSC02059.JPG

DSC02056.JPG

lcstorc

Looks awesome.
I also have a peninsula tank and love it. I'm still getting used to the 90 I bought which is a "normal" tank.
I love the fact that you can see most everything in the room divider. It gives you lots of options for coral placement but the aquascape can be a bit of a challenge. I have all of my LR in the center of the tank with lots of arches so you can see through to the other side.

cioutlaw

Looks awesome.
I also have a peninsula tank and love it. I'm still getting used to the 90 I bought which is a "normal" tank.
I love the fact that you can see most everything in the room divider. It gives you lots of options for coral placement but the aquascape can be a bit of a challenge. I have all of my LR in the center of the tank with lots of arches so you can see through to the other side.

I wouldnt ever do anything but a pennisula. Like you said it gives you a lot of options & more room. Im not done with the aquascaping yet. I did my first pennisula with a 55 & ordered a 48"x24" 120 a few days later. This tank is
72"x30". The 30" is a big help, I actually wanted 36" but wouldnt of been able to get the stand in the door.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Simply marvelous !
Love the scaping and the corals look very happy, is the Sarcophyton green ??? Never seen one that color, it's a beauty :thumbup: