La Box De Opciones

PEMfish

I want to boost attendance here so I'll post pics. If that don't do it I post a tread complaining about low attendance and put a link to here.
Karma to those of you that here.

Attachments

• berry water 047mod.jpg
    berry water 047mod.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 66
  • berry water 077mod.jpg
    berry water 077mod.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 66

lcstorc

Do I get karma? :) J/K
Just stopping by. Do you have any LR in the new tank to start cycling? I don't think it can cycle without something for the bacteria to live in/on. I could be wrong but I thought that was the reason for the LR. Maybe I missed something.
Looks like things are coming along nicely. Getting water in the tank is one of the most exciting parts.
I can't believe you ran through a DI resin already. You will need to keep lots around for replacements in the future.

PEMfish

Well I made 45g in two days. I think regular maintenance and top off will only eat up 45g in 6 weeks. Still , if you look at the price per gallon with the resin vs LFS RO/DI water I'm ahead about $0.73 per gallon.

I do not have anything in the tank other than the dry rock I just put in and some air line. I will soon ( hopefully over the weekend ) get sand.

vdituri

GOT SAND?

Couldn't resist. So what, now we're being graded on attendance? :bump:
Is it Pass Fail or ABCDF?

Tanks looks good! I like them when they are all shiny and new like that.
Bring on the grunge!

And Lynn, not sure about all the different bacteria's, but alot of them will grown on tank walls, plumbing. Just about any surface and to a lesser extent the water column. The only one I would think that would be there in any real numbers would be the ones that convert nitrate to nitrogren gas as they need an anerobic (low oxygen) environment.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Sounds like Amonnia to me. Paul arfe you running a single stage DI? How old is the membrane & the rest of the filters?

PEMfish

Yeah, just the one horizontal DI. The rest of it is less than a week old.

I got some live sand as he didn't have dry. 20lbs covered the DT with a half an inch. Perfect. I also got a quarter of an inch in the mantis tank. I really like the white sand.

As you know I have the dual fuge setup ( if not, see early posts for pics ) and the one will be a mantis tank. Its .22" acrylic, will I need to take any special measures to keep my tank safe from the shrimp?

PEMfish

I may add egg creat over the top of the tank with the fire fish and cats.
Will it cause shadows or dimness with the T5 or MH? Will it affect the the light at all?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Has the water cleared up yet?

Egg crate does reduce the light but I don't recall how much. I don't think it is much though...

PEMfish

But will it halt the glimmer from MH?
I think I will just go with .093" acrylic as evaporation, o2 and Co2 exchange can take place plenty in the fuge, mantis tank, and sump.

Water has cleared up alot. Its still got a blue/gray tint though. The NH3...?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Humm... dunno about the glitter effect. :dunno:

Yeah, the cloudiness is either a bacterial bloom or remnents of a sand storm. It should clear up in a few days.

PEMfish

I'm thinking a Chromis and a Catalina Goby somewhere in the list. I am also thinking a new list ( stand by ). Or just skip the list idea and buy at will ( with research before purchase, that is ).

vdituri

Use the chromis as a filler.
Last resort.
Go with fish with more character.

I like the shoot from the hip with research approach.

PEMfish

Labroides dimidiatus is definitely going on the list. I don't know what else is on the list now. I will have a list for wants, but will go with the buy at will w/ research for the rest.