La Box De Opciones

PEMfish

Sorry I have not updated in awhile. And I am especially sorry its on negative news.

That ****ty skimmer about crashed my tank. The stainless steel ( wrong type I guess ) screws rusted even under silicone. The wood stones rotted, and it pissed on my floor. I decided it was time to remove it from from the sump as I ordered my Term 2. All the fluid in it with the rotted wood stones and rust exited into my sump. I lost 2 Xenias but all else looks good. I did a 5g water change and will do another in a couple of hours when I have water.

PEMfish

Some more bad news ( but most is personal... )

...and it bites. I threw in on my driveway to make it fit in the garbage can. It bite me twice wile throwing it. I have to say; it was tougher than I gave it credit for. On the first throw it bounced up, and spun like it was on a lathe. That cracked the corner. Once I broke all the braces ( on 2nd thorw ) it exploded :). I was happy.

PEMfish

I got the term2. Awesome piece of equipment. Once I get the replacement parts I will be able to run it.

PEMfish

It makes my room hot, humid, bright, and loud.

People, do not put a reef set up in bedroom. That was the biggest mistake. I have had it with this. The reef is to go back into the dining room. I hate the SW side of hobby in my room. It dose not belong.

In the move I will work out ALL of the various problems. This system was put at the curb for a damn good reason. Owners probably realized this and started over with a reengineered system.

My plan is to use my 29g to house all the animals ( I am upgrading my FW 29 to a 65 planted ) wile I move the tank. Before I move It I want to built a new stand to move it onto. The one now is not a show stand at all. And it is inches from square as the floor settling stressed it beyond what it could take.

So a new stand, location, plumbing, and sump.
The sump is way to small. a 10g just dose not work. I only have room for a heater, return pump, and carbon. MY skimmer sits on the floor next to it. And with the small volume sump I can only run about 3" water in it safely due to what back washes into it when the power is off.

For the stand I plan a black and stainless. It will really not match the house or it furnishings but my reefs black. To me, a reef is very much a black tank. Black lights, PHs, pumps, PH probes, BHs, sump trim, and all. The look of brushed stainless works ell. It ain't gonna match anyway, might as well ad metal.

PEMfish

Reef is grinding my gears. Once I finish my new 65g planted I rake the old 29 and use it to house my SW animals wile I rebuild the reef in the dining room- the right way.
Meanwhile I built a new filter for the QT. Same concept, but this one works.

Attachments

• Air filter.jpg
    Air filter.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 36
  • tank update 004.jpg
    tank update 004.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 36
  • tank update 003.jpg
    tank update 003.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 45

PEMfish

I think I might be behind on this thread.

I have my 29g set up as a SW in the basement. Once it cycles I will move all the LR/animals into it. Then tear down my reef. It will be moved into the dining room and rebuilt the right way.

Here are some plans for the inside of the stand.

Attachments

• inside reef stand.jpg
    inside reef stand.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 54

PEMfish

Compared to the last stand ( the FW one I am currently working on ) this one will be about free. the FW one was/is $4-500 this one should be about 200.