La Box De Opciones

PEMfish

I just got a new aquarium! It's a well done DIY acrylic 31g 48"x 11"x 13.5"t. It has a built in dual fuge on the back for a combined 20g more. ( 34"x 12.5"x 10"t divided into two 17" parts ). Someone saw it being thrown out and grabbed it. Now I have a brand new tank.

PEMfish

I don't know if I agree with that-

Light $93
-bulbs ( 3x 48" ) $54
-ballast $30
-wood $9

Stand $40
-4x4s $30
-hardware $10

Skimmer $40
-acrylic sheet $12
-pumps $15
-cup $3
-Glue $10

Heater $20

Return $55
-Pump $50
-plumming $5

Total $248

PEMfish

I would do cichlid but it is such a SW setup...

Maybe I'll tank the DT off the fuge...

vdituri

It's called Free Tank Syndrome. lol

I don't know if I agree with that-

Light $93
-bulbs ( 3x 48" ) $54
-ballast $30
-wood $9

Stand $40
-4x4s $30
-hardware $10

Skimmer $40
-acrylic sheet $12
-pumps $15
-cup $3
-Glue $10

Heater $20

Return $55
-Pump $50
-plumming $5

Total $248

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Wow! One man's trash is another's treasure! I am sure you're gonna have a blast setting it up no matter what you turn it into.

PS: If you want to toss it, let me know! lol I could use another grow out tank.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
is thriftiness an OCD thing? now I have to start the naggy stuff, PICS,PICS,PICS,PICS and no complaining about the price of film mister!

lcstorc

I wouldn't be able to resist either. I would be looking around the house trying to find a place to put a new tank. The cost is a consideration but you can take your time so it is not bad all at once.

PEMfish

If I do reef I will need a $130 RO system too. And I think I will use the stand that came with it. Now thats not for sure as I have not seen it yet.
If it weren't for tearing it apart ( well, just unscrewing 4 bulkheads ) then I would take the DT off and do cichlid.
Dose anyone have any ideas for some sort of rare and awesome FW spices tank?

PEMfish

Announcement to RS

These pics I took with my new camera.
Yeah, tats right, new camera. Its a Canon powershot SD1100 IS. I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

• 1100 201 MOd.jpg
    1100 201 MOd.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 1100 200mod.jpg
    1100 200mod.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 1100 202mod.jpg
    1100 202mod.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 361
  • 1100 203mod.jpg
    1100 203mod.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 360

Stacef

Congrats on everything!! I have the Canon SD 450, It's just the simple one, I am looking to upgrade to something more like your soon. But stick with the powershots. How does your turn out for tank shots?? I am having troubles with not being able to get very clear shots. Let me know how yours does... OR post some pics! Hahh thanks!

PEMfish

To answer both of the above;
its not the best pic or fully open.

Attachments

• coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 94

PEMfish

Testing... 1... 2... 3... 4... ...Gallons on the floor

So I got the stand. To save a few I will just mod this one. It is very small, only 16". I filled it up and those weird pipes in the fuges leaked. No more buckets! Auto W/C! See, it takes the water out of its self for you. lol.

PEMfish

Also I figured a way to cut costs! ( oh boy... ) Use the light I have now ( 80w PC ) on half and DIY another identical one for the other half. I really wanted T5 but... $.
Use the skimmer I have on my 15g and make a couple more similar ones to handle the 60g. Only use 150w of heating instead of the recommended 250w. This will give me power to raise the temp more than 9 degrees. The thermostat is set at 67 on winter nights so 86 is less than max at those times. I feel that is a good temp. And use the 10g I have now for the sump.
_________
$165 +misc costs such as paint for the back and a $2 2x4 for the stand