La Box De Opciones

PEMfish

Well if you look at early pics you'll see the two fuge behind the DT. Instead of going from the DT to both the fuges then the sump and back but have one fuge not go to the sump, just right back to the DT being a closed loop.
???

vdituri

O.k. gotcha so 2 fuge's 1 sump. (I could have gone back to the beginning, but too much work) :sleeping:

It's a little bit of a misnomer to call it a closed loop, but I understand what you're saying.

Are you going to have any pumps for circulation inside the fuge's?

I've read a couple posts where people talk about slow flow thru the fuge to give your macroalgaes the benefit of longer contact time with the water. And more time to remove excess nutrients out. The flow seems good to me, but I JUST hooked up my refugium. Not your best expert by any means.

PEMfish

I won't need to heat the tank during the cycle, right? The house gets up to 80 during the day, 75 if the air is on. Its well insulated so nights probably don't get down below 70.

vdituri

Sounds like you won't need to heat it.
Your powerheads and pumps will be adding heat as well.

PEMfish

Yeah, I will just use the heater on the little one I have. If that is not enough in the winter I can take the 150w off the FW and put this one in the FW. It would be over the rated capacity but will do perfectly fine.

RO / DI should be here tomorrow. A day late Birthday present from myself I guess.

PEMfish

I've Got water! about 9.5g in the DT. Just for affect I have a old magnetic ballasted 15 T8 over the DT and an air line in it. I will probably get sand soon.
If I just drop a half cube of mysis shrimp in there will I be good to go through out the cycle?

vdituri

I would think so. Maybe 2 cubes.
What is your total water volume?

The bigger your initial bioload, the bigger the initial colonies each kind of bacteria you will have.

PEMfish

TSV 60g. DT is 31g. When I move into this tank only the DT will be filled as I can not finish plumbing until I have the return pump from this system for the loop and the current DT is going to be the new sump.

PEMfish

No. I can't afford it for a little wile.
Btw, The only things moving into the new tank are corals and snails.

PEMfish

The DT should be 100% filled in two hours. The DI resin should be 100% exhausted in two hours.

PEMfish

I filled the bucket right as the last DI resin was exhausted. 495mi. to the to the gallon. Mi.? I mean g. I filled the tank up all the way, then remembered the bulkheads and unconnected plumbing... I siphoned out 2g and lost about .5g in the carpet. When i get sand I'll get pics.
Why is it so dead here?
I was given some rock that obviously cam from the ocean. It was harvested recently as all shells are intact. Its fine to use, right?