La Box De Opciones

PEMfish

Is the plumbing in post #37 good and quiet? Water is pumped into the DT, flow into the fuge, then to the sump.

I will put up pics of the finished stand and fuge light when people start to answer this. :D

vdituri

We're not psychic Paul. We won't know if it's good an quiet till you build it.
It looks good on e-paper. That's as far as I'm willing to stick my neck out on that. :D

Scouter Steve

Re: Announcement to RS

These pics I took with my new camera.
Yeah, tats right, new camera. Its a Canon powershot SD1100 IS. I'm very happy with it.

In the back tank that looks like toilet flush valve bodies missing the flappers. Is that some kind of surge tank set up?

PEMfish

I never thought of it being a surge tank. That hardware leaked anyway, and it is pretty even with the DT, why they would put a surge set up on a sump is beyond me. I see one side of the dual fuge being a good mantis tank.

PEMfish

Here is a couple week old pic of the test.
And if you promise to ignore the mess I will post some current pics.

Attachments

• Tankpond 014.jpg
    Tankpond 014.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 51

PEMfish

New stand. Came out solid and pretty good all around. Plumbing is half done and the fuge light is also pictured.

Attachments

• Tankpond 021.jpg
    Tankpond 021.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Tankpond 022.jpg
    Tankpond 022.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 49
  • Tankpond 024.jpg
    Tankpond 024.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Tankpond 029.jpg
    Tankpond 029.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 50

PEMfish

PEMfish

Wow Paul, That system looks pretty pimpin.
I didn't know you had it in you. :bugout:

I didn't know you couldn't read (j/k). I didn't build the tanks. Just the plumbing, stand, and skimmer. lol

I knew you'd come around here sooner or later. Glad you made it.

vdituri

Sorry, what were you saying? I wasn't listening.
Did you hide a question in the thread somewhere?:laughroll

PEMfish

No, but wait. I will probably say something, then later in the post ask about it. Then nobody will answer it because just before I asked it I answered it. Confusion crises.
I have nothing new to say about the build so this is my best efforts at this thread, and I am bored.

vdituri

O.k, but you're gonna have to tell me when you need an answer instead of you just talking to yourself outloud.

Otherwise I'm just going to tag along and enjoy the pictures.

PEMfish

None now.
...I'm also hungry, and thirsty,,, and one other thing, turn off that black light.

PEMfish

I think one return and one fuge will be connected to do a 296GPH ( -friction & loss ) closed loop. And the other return and fuge side will be plumbed into the sump with about a 400GPH pump. What do yall think of that?

vdituri

Sorry Paul, I fell asleep.

You say the first one is both a closed loop AND a refugium or is it just a closed loop?