Search results

1. Emg

a few pics from my tanks

I have a 50gallon and a 29 reef. Here's a few random pics from both tanks. Just for fun..... Kenya tree.... green striped shrooms that needs a bit of time to color up.... The 29.....stocked with a pair of purple firefish..... group of coral in the 29....blue shrooms...
  2. Emg

New 29 setup

I kept myself very busy yesturday switching over tanks.... I had a 29planted that went south on me after I stopped dosing excel, got sick of looking at it and came across a great deal on some fully cured fiji LR recently for $3 a lb. I picked up 20lbs of it for a little 15 reef I had in the...
  3. Emg

betta pics

I've had a number of betta over the years...thought I would post up some pics of the nicer ones......cause I'm bored.... All of these were purchased for about $4 at local pet stores.....you have to be there when they get them in to find these purts ! I had up to 21...
  4. Emg

amusing Holiday caption photos

How about a thread with Holiday themed captions ? Take a pic of something in your tank and write an amusing caption that has to do with whatever holiday you celebrate in Dec. Here's a couple to start off with........... (I have to admit, I did not take this pic and it's not in my...
  5. Emg

boring stocking question

I have 5 fish in a 50 breeder size tank..... 18x36 footprint Right now I have 5 fish in there..... 1 yellow watchman goby 1 coral beauty dwarf angel 1 yellow tail damsel 2 percula clowns Am I maxed ? Or is there room for a few more ? The tank is doing very well, it's a reef...
  6. Emg

I'm bored....here's some pics.....

Ok, nothing to do today so I feel like posting pics :dunno: Here are some of the fw fish that I've own, past and present.......... The usual bettas......what started me in on this road to insanity in the first place........ german blue rams.....I raised this...
  7. Emg

Odontanthia Borbonius-Checked Anthia

There's a pic of this fish on the front cover of the latest Foster Smith catalog. I had to look it up and I'm glad I did....very cool fish ! Quite the phsycodelic paint job..eh ! It's rarely found in the hobby as it's a deep water species....price tags that I've been able to see are way up...
  8. Emg

Wow....check out this lily

I don't know what I'm doing right.....but this lily is looking fabulous ! It's in a 2gallon hex I have setup for my betta. I only have a little 7watt incandescent bulb over this tank so the pic is a little dark....but that plant is really that red ! That is NOT photoshoped !
  9. Emg

Back in the club !

I had to drop out of the nano club after I moved up to a 50 :( Well, I just set up my 15 again so I'm back in ! :D It's pretty sparse at the moment, just a bit of left over LR that I had from the upgrade. It's been sitting in a running 10gallon where I toss all the extra macro that I...
  10. Emg

purple firefish

I brought home a purple firefish the other day......beautiful fish and aptly named !
  11. Emg

go empty your bladder before you listen to this one.....

Hilarious audio of some guy who sees a fender bender happen as he's talking on his cell..... http://www.chumfm.com/MorningShow/bits/march24.swf ...
  12. Emg

striped tiger platie ?

Anyone ever see one of these ? It caught my eye at the lfs and so I brought one home....silly me :rolleyes: ..
  13. Emg

water quality report

Here's the latest water quality report for my tap water......just wondering if anyone could shed some light as to what it all means.... I was hoping that they'd have a reading for TDS....but they don't test for that. I asked the water company for the report because I was curious. I use my...
  14. Emg

OK....I'm bored today...so here's some pics... :D

I usually find myself playing around with the camera during any down time I get......and it's just plain enjoyable and relaxing to do the whole photoshop resize/upload/post thing.....if anyone else feels the same way and wants to post any pics on this thread, go right ahead...I'd LOVE to see em...
  15. Emg

Scenes from a softie reef.....LOTS of pics

Was putzing around with my camera and thought I would share.....it's a 50gallon....hope you enjoy ! :)
  16. Emg

Critter ID

Anyone know what this is ?
  17. Emg

prophylactic treatment for parasites ?

I just purchased a coral beauty and I was wondering about treating it for parasites....even though there are no signs of any at the moment. It's a very colorful and healthy looking fish......I can see nothing wrong with it.........but......I was wondering if there was a safe way to treat it...
  18. Emg

Awe....man......

Dang...... Well, I noticed it was beginning to bleach....got a tad too close to one of my shrooms......so I broke off a few of the legs and moved them far away. I hope they make it ! This was a really nice little monti and was growing very well...stupid shrooms...
  19. Emg

50g Rescape

Well, I made an attempt to find and vacate the 2 inch pistol shrimp I 'think' I have in this tank. I took out each rock and dunked it in .030 spg water. I managed to find all my hermits and a peanut worm....but no pistol. I think it ate my recent additions of 2 high fin gobies and a...
  20. Emg

some fish pics

My watchman moved over into the clowns area this morning. Now I had NEVER seen this guy over on that side before. He/she hangs mostly in the middle of the tank, with his head sticking out of a cave. I had the camera handy..(I usually do at feeding time)..so I snapped a few shots while I...