some fish pics

Emg

My watchman moved over into the clowns area this morning. Now I had NEVER seen this guy over on that side before. He/she hangs mostly in the middle of the tank, with his head sticking out of a cave. I had the camera handy..(I usually do at feeding time)..so I snapped a few shots while I wondered what he was up to.... Just visiting the neighbors maybe ??

DSC03719800.jpg

DSC03720800.jpg

DSC03724800.jpg

Well......he actually went over there to take a dump !! LOL....caught him in the act !

DSC03728800.jpg

The stinker went over to a spot.....dropped his load and then went back home !!
happy0168.gif

NOT a very nice neighbor at all I'd say !!

and....just a few more.....

DSC03709800.jpg

DSC03703800.jpg

DSC03726800.jpg

DSC03732800.jpg

DSC03734800.jpg

Emg

He's a pretty funny fish actually.....when I'm sitting in front of the tank he'll saunter on over to the front of the glass and watch me back.....lol

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Great photos.

I'm very surprised the Watchman gets along with the Hi-fin Goby, how big is your tank and did you add them at the same time ? My Yellow Watchman pair were very territorial wouldn't tolerate any other gobies in the tank that were added after them.

Emg

Cheek, this watchman gets along with EVERYBODY !! I've had the watchman for about a year and a half now.....added the HF just recently. When I first put the HF in the watchman followed it around a bit, but they never really got into any tousels or anything.

Here's a pic of him with my redhead goby......saddly, I lost the redhead awhile back....

This was back when he/she was actually yellow ! The two would just hang out together all the time. ( I HIGHLY recommend redhead gobies to anyone !...great little fish !)
buds400.jpg

Emg

Females will turn a greyish color, like mine....which I keep calling "he" but I really think is a "she"....because of her coloring.

I have seen 6 and 7 inch watchman gobies that were colored similar to mine. I do think that for the most part...the bright yellow does fade as they age.