betta pics

Emg

I've had a number of betta over the years...thought I would post up some pics of the nicer ones......cause I'm bored....

DSC09111-cropped.jpg

DSC02738600.jpg

DSC03943.jpg

DSC08017900.jpg

DSC06973.jpg

All of these were purchased for about $4 at local pet stores.....you have to be there when they get them in to find these purts ! I had up to 21 adult betta at one time and over 200 betta fry growing out in cups all over my house...once..only once........ I'm now down to 3 betta, 2 male, one female and have no plans on getting anymore....but, I also said that before I purchased the last two.... :rolleyes:

I've sinced moved on from betta obsession to saltwater reefs. But I still enjoy looking at these pics from time to time.

Stacef

They are amazing, I really liked the black one,

They never seem to look that good at my lfs, or any other store, always torn fins, etc.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! Those are SWEET pics! Are you SURE those aren't just "replicas" suspended in the air? LOL!!

Emg

Lol....nooo...not replicas...

I find them at local LFS.....most of them from PetCo of all places. If you're there right when they get them in it's amazing what you can find ....sometimes....not most of the time. If you buy the delta tails or halfmoons...their fins are up all the time. That blue double tail...his fins were always up and alert, very beautiful fish ! I stopped buying veiltails after I picked up that doubletail blue.....

I havn't bought a new betta in a long while and frankly, I don't intend to..........but I do find myself checking them out any time I walk in the store....I'm hopeless really... :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of my favorite betta....one of the first ones' I ever bought, but I never got a really good pic of him. He was a dark blue pie-bald CT with light blue to white fins and red pectral fins. If I ever see another like him....I'll snatch it home....wont' even have to think twice.... :D
marble3.jpg

Emg

Found another pic of that first betta.......taken when I first brought it home. And one of the blue and white butterfly patterned one (5th one down in the first post).

Amazing how much they change in color after awhile....usually, as they age the red starts creeping in here and there. In the case of the blue...he lost most of his white at the tip of the fins...still pert though !

pearl-betta-1.jpg

DSC09129-for-web.jpg