striped tiger platie ?

Emg

Anyone ever see one of these ?

DSC05143.jpg

It caught my eye at the lfs and so I brought one home....silly me :rolleyes:

Emg

No, it's not dyed. I googled tiger platy and came up with a pic of a similar looking platy....but it has clear fins, not black ones. I havn't been able to find another online that looks like the one I just bought.....

Here's the similar one I did find....it's called a Red Tiger Striped Platy....

redtigerplaty_sml.jpg

Wolfgang8810

its basicly a tattoo. they sstick needles inbetween the scales and inject pigment. And the colors fade over the course of 3 onths also.

Emg

I don't think it is painted. You can tell looking at painted fish that they're dyed......this one looks legit. When I found that pic of the Red Striped Tiger Platy made me feel a bit better...knowing that there ARE striped platies out there....the only difference between the one I posted and mine is that the fins on my platy are black. :dunno:

EDIT: found this link..... striped tiger platy

And Wolf....those parrots are AWFUL !! Looks like a tank full of jelly beans !!!...:bugout:

RyanG

If those parrots were natural colored they would be awesome and everyone would have them but they arent and I think they are SICK! People do disgusting things to animals

plecosword

looks lie i was wrong. i just dont like seeing fish that are dyed. Seems cruel.

multicoloredfish.jpg

Man i agree! I bought "neon cory cat, it died really fast. also glass fish. now i know they were dyeyed. I do think its cruel also.
Also I Have heard that this causes them to not be able to breed and they can die faster.

ramora

sometimes they strip the fishes slime coating then inject it with dye. thats just one method these stupid buggers use.