Search results

1. pyxis

Ghost Shrimp

Ok, since i got my Volitan Lion, i decided to get some ghost shrimp for feeding time. My following ?'s are this 1: Is this ghost carring babies? 2. How do i keep them outside of the feeding tank? I currently have them housed in a 2.5g with a small PH and light. with a undergravel...
  2. pyxis

some help please

Ok, my current stand is way to wide and i want to trim it down. So, i have drawn up a rough tank design for my frag tank, fuge, and a fry tank. the trick i want to do is, enable all the water to flow thru 1 main system. I want to be able to set everything on 1 main plumbing system. Which...
  3. pyxis

Clowns and their Host

Ok, We all know that clowns host things, but is it uncommon for them to host in periodical stages? for example i have a pair of true perc's, This is my female, now in the morning when the lights first come on, shes hosting in my trumpet coral, mid day, shes hosting my shrooms...
  4. pyxis

How do I rid THIS?

ok, i know this is algae, it has a integrated chian of growth under my substraight. sorry for the pics, i had to photoshop this so it could be seen. Also, what kind of algae is this?
  5. pyxis

Eggs

found these eggs in my fuge, any ideas what kind they are?
  6. pyxis

For Trade

I have some zoos for trade, looking for other zoos . please pm me if intrested Zoo's
  7. pyxis

Am I dying?

ok so here is a pic of my cabbage leather: yesterday I did a wc, and all of a sudden he is a very dark purple and not as open as usual. I did my usual wc, and all params are on the money. ANY CLUES?? Sry, i dont have my cam avail for a new updated pic TIA
  8. pyxis

brookynella

does anyone know how long brookynella stays in the tank after appearence? TIA
  9. pyxis

Flowers PLEASE READ

I am going to be sending flowers to johnny. If there is anyone who would like to send any plmk, prehaps we can do a joint purchase. PLEASE let me know ASAP. I will be putting a order in tomorrow afternoon @ 5 pm.
  10. pyxis

Emergency Help Pls !!!!

I just got home and seen this on my clown, hes been in the tank a week, since i have gotten home, i have removed him back to the QT tank. I dont have many meds, actually I only have Myacin, will this cure this disease? He is the only fish in the tank to have it. please any suggestions?
  11. pyxis

Looking for --------->

I am looking for some white star polyps for my tank, I currently have green and brown, however want to put a collage of the three colors together. If you have some and WANT TO SHIP THEM please respond TIA Pyxis
  12. pyxis

Lighting?

OK im gonna attempt my diy Lighting setup and wanted some suggestions. So here we go 1st off tank dimensions 24"l x 17"w x 24"d = 40g so my plans are this workhorse 7 = 220w 4x 55w pc 2 x 10k and 2 x 03 will this ballast hold these bulbs since im attempting to take it to the max...
  13. pyxis

Skimmerless?

Can you go skimmerless on a 40g if your running a fuge? I am in the process of setting this up and wanted to know if this was ok. plmk TIA
  14. pyxis

Wtb

Looking for a decent used mag 3,5 or 7. If anyone has any used cheap ones plmk. or email me @ clownman@charter.net Thanks
  15. pyxis

Some help pls

OK, so 4 days ago I decided to get a maroon clown. Today I noticed my green chromis attack him. so after seperating the 2 i noticed that ONLY my clown is missing half of his fin on the left side, as well as some upper body damage, just above the fin area. So, here's the ?. Will he be ok? I...
  16. pyxis

Chat room

is anyone else having chat problems? plmk
  17. pyxis

Finally my little piece of the ocean

well after several months of trial and error, and the help of several people with frags, water etc. I finally have my little piece of the ocean. Although there are only 2 fish for now, i plan to add 2 clowns and 1 other fish to be determined. cant figure out how to do my pics here from...
  18. pyxis

Bubble algea Gone Wild

OK, as most have seen, i had a small outbreak of green bubble algae on my zoo rock. Well, i noticed that i now have "colonies" of bubble algae on 3 more rocks. I got a emerald crab. But seems to be doin nothing. When i took the bubbles of my zoo rock, to my knowledge I did not bust any...
  19. pyxis

Snail Eggs

I found these on my glass, a very intresting pattern never the less. and they were found right next to a snail. could these be snail eggs? or what? any input is greatly appericiated Pyxis
  20. pyxis

Bubble Algae (Green)

I have a few bubble of green algae appearing on 1 specific rock. The only issue i am having is that the algae bubble is almost perfectly placed inbetween 3 of my zoo's. Whats the best way to rid this without damaging my zoo's? thanks