Clowns and their Host

pyxis

Ok,

We all know that clowns host things, but is it uncommon for them to host in periodical stages? for example

i have a pair of true perc's,

This is my female, now in the morning when the lights first come on, shes hosting in my trumpet coral, mid day, shes hosting my shrooms, and at night she will host my BTA.

my male is different though, during the day he hosts my frogspawn, and at night after lights go out, he will move to the bta with her..

Whats the deal here? are they attempting :D something :D, or is this a fairly natural behavior, for them to host everything?

wooddood

the wood dude
well chris mine only have the anemome as a host, the clowns are the guest the corals are the host. i have heard other people say thiers do the same thing.

dave.;)

Craig Manoukian

Beat me to the semantics woodood! Clowns are the guest for sure in all cases.

certainly doesn't diminish the interesting behavior no matter what you call it, eh? Great pics pyxis!:D

Brucey

Chris . . . . yep, my Clarky clown hosts in my Leather at night when it closes up and in my torch coral during the day . . . . . however, when new tank inhabitants are placed in he zooms the 7ft back and forwards between the two.
Brucey

gaubow

Logged on today to post a question about Maroon clowns and hosting, read this thread and decided to just tag it on here... hope that is ok.

Does anyone know if the Gold Striped Maroon Clown exhibits the same relationships that the percs do as far as hosting in amemones and corals?

I am about two weeks away, I figure, from introducing my first fish into my re-set up 90 and really want a maroon clown. As always, any info is appreciated.

Craig Manoukian

My Maroon, white and gold stripes are just a variation of the same species, is hosted by my green palythoa polyps. It was hosted by a large BTA until the BTA was toasted by my powerhead. HTH

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
Mine tried several different hosts until they settled into a large colt coral, they have used it as a home for the last 14 months. Prior they tried out mushrooms, a brain coral, a powerhead, an LTA, and a torch coral.
HTH

Witfull

Originally posted by gaubow
Logged on today to post a question about Maroon clowns and hosting, read this thread and decided to just tag it on here... hope that is ok.

certainly!

Does anyone know if the Gold Striped Maroon Clown exhibits the same relationships that the percs do as far as hosting in amemones and corals?
does this answer your question?