How do I rid THIS?

pyxis

ok, i know this is algae, it has a integrated chian of growth under my substraight. sorry for the pics, i had to photoshop this so it could be seen.

Also, what kind of algae is this?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
my guess it some type of caulerpa. I'd remove it and the surrounding sand/gravel fast.

BoomerD

All you can do is to try to keep pulling out as much as you can...Try to find the "mother" that is sending out the runners, and maybe you can get it under control. I made the mistake of letting razor caulerpa get out of control in my 40 gallon, and while I still have some in there, I did a mass pulling one daay, and got out 95% of it...half of a 5 gallon bucket! I still get in there and tear out as much as I can get hold of periodically, but it's no where near as bad as it was...

mps9506

keep pulling. I have about three types of caluerpa that has taken hold in my tank. I pull about once a week. It's a pita but I have to do it. I have my refugium going now to hopefully outcompete it.

Witfull

when i was deweeding my tank, i used a toothpick to get under the runners and pop there rootholders. that way i could get more of the pestience out. pull gently and firmly, you will get more of it out and the more out the slower the return growth.