Search results

1. tex5620

Breaking down Biocube 29

Im breaking down my biocube and needing to sell everything pretty quick. I have a pair of grade b picasso's (pics will be up tonight) and a high fin goby and pistol shrimp). Picasso's $150 for both obo. high fin and shrimp $50. Seller will be responsible for 1/2 shipping...
  2. tex5620

New Rodi unit question

Just quick question about my new ROdi unit. I have got everything hooked up the way it is suppose to be but the problem is that the psi is only about 46-50. How detremental to the efficiency is it that it isn't around 65. Do I need to get a booster pump or not worry about it.
  3. tex5620

Finally starting 30gl Hex pony tank

Seems like long time in the making. Just couple questions though. I am wondering what would be best type of filtration for this tank. I have been told two different kinds and was wondering what anybody else thought. aqua c remora skimmer or aquaclear power filter. If I get the aquaclear filter...
  4. tex5620

Lighting for 30gal hex seahorse tank.

In the initial stages of putting one together and can't come up with suitable lighting fixture for tank. I have 30gallon hex tank. Plan so far on aqua c remora proteinskimmer. I need a 20inch pcfixture so temp doesnt go up. Anybody have any experience with similar setup would be greatly...
  5. tex5620

Seahorse tank?

All right, I've always wanted a seahorse tank and now I feel comfortable enough with reefkeeping that I want to try a pony tank. My mother is giving me her 30gallon hex tank which I think would make a good tank for a pair. The questions I really have is what kinda lighting would be good if I...
  6. tex5620

Quarantine tank

Simple noob question. Is this filter ok for 20 long QT. Tropical Aquarium Filters & Filtration: Marineland Emperor BIO-Wheel Powerfilters
  7. tex5620

Rtba

Just for my knowledge to tell a friend. Has a bc29 for about 8mths. Never had any problems with anything. has a sunpod 150mh over tank with skimmer. Is this enough lighting for that anemone. I never had guts to try it in my bc so I don't know answer.
  8. tex5620

ReefKeeper Lite (3)

Well, goodness. I take a small break from reefing and look over my options for restarting bc29. Hopefully in couple of mnths once we move into house. Still debating on reefkeeper 2 vs aquacontroller and now they develop Reekkeeper Lite. I give up. Anybody heard anything or experience about...
  9. tex5620

Euro-Reef RS250?

Anybody got a general estimate on how much a new Euro-Reef RS250.
  10. tex5620

Deep Sea Aquatics

I am currently in the investigation phase of upgrading to a larger tank. I am in the lubbock, TX area and was wondering if anybody has a deep sea aquatics tank and stand or if not what is there comments. Also aga tanks.
  11. tex5620

Thinking about adding a Sump to bc29

Well I have been toying with the idea of adding a sump to my bc29 but can't find any good ways of doing it. I realize that by doing this that is might be a mod that changes the tank for good. (drilling a bulkhead, etc). I don't mind just want to make sure that it will be worth it. current...
  12. tex5620

Setting up a Aquacontroller vs. reefkeeper

I am in the market for a controller for my tank. I wish to controller everything ffom pH, temp, lights, etc. I have been looking at info on both and can't decide. Plus I like to think I have decent common sense and would like to know if I have to have a special degree just to program one of...
  13. tex5620

Pump for Phosban Reactor

I currently have a biocube 29. I am wanting to add a phosban reactor to it and want to put a pump in chamber 1. Does anybody know of a pump that will fit and give me the appropriote flow rate. I have never used one but I think it has to be around 90gph or so. Correct me if I am wrong.
  14. tex5620

Quick Question (Euro-Reef?)

Just a quick question for all u reef fanatics out there. What size euro-reef for a 120mixed reef with a medium to heavy bioload of fish. I'm thinking of maybe a rs180 to go into a oceanic sump #3.
  15. tex5620

Which Tang?

In the initial stages of putting together a 140 gallon mixed reef and thinking of which tang I would like. Only plan on getting one as of this moment. Yellow Tang Sailfin Tang Kole Tang Carribean Blue Tang
  16. tex5620

JBJ ATO or Tunze Osmolater 3155

I plan on adding an auto top off to my bc29. I don't have a sump but want to add an ato to chamber two of my tank. I plan on having a 10gallon ro tank next to it to supply the unit. Which unit is better and will it work to put in chamber 2 to help out my tunze skimmer. Need water to stay at...
  17. tex5620

Sump Design

This is just quick design of future sump. Any advice or concern. Don't have any demensions yet considering I don't have a DT yet. Either going to be a 180 or 120 gallon DT.
  18. tex5620

How to Quarantine BlueSpot?

A buddy of mine just bought a Blue Spot for his tank and was wondering how to quarantine him. The LFS will keep him for a week but after that he is done. He has a QT running but doesn't have any sand in it. Will the pvc pipe be enough or does he need to add a deep sand bed to it. He wants to...
  19. tex5620

Fish Line up for 225g

I am getting a 225g myself in couple of months. I am looking a ocean view 225 with overflow. Has anybody heard anything about them. Good or bad Quality, Stands, Etc.. Reef Tank of course. My fish list over time will include. 2 percs 1 firefish 1 flame wrasse 1 midas blenny 1powder brown...
  20. tex5620

Question about Tangs?

Hey everybody, I have a quick question about tangs. I currently only have a bc29g so I don't feel like I am qualified to answer his question. I told him I would find out. Question: Currently running a 225gallon reef tank and was wondering how many tangs can be kept in tank. Maybe a...