Search results

1. danewell

Juan Pablo

Anyone see the wreck? Holy crap! If not you tube Juan Pablo hits jet dryer. Contrary what the women I date say, reefers think I occasionally make good decisions.
  2. danewell

Wanted Berghia Nudibranch

Anyone have any nudibranches? My aip is out of controll, and have to do something about it. It would be great if located near Bloomington, Indiana. Or at least know where the best place to purchase them is? Thanks
  3. danewell

What in the world? ID Help

Saw this crawling around the tank.
  4. danewell

What in the world? ID Help

Came home to seeing this thing running around in the tank. It is dark colored, appears to be some type of worm that has a mouth the when it eats look like a mini feather duster, and its diameter is about the same as a good old fashioned #2 pencil. Thanks.
  5. danewell

Thinking DIY LED

dmatt88 wanted me to post what I was thinking and get some ideas. I agree I should just don't like keep posting threads on similar topics. Here is what I am thinking from ReefLEDLights.com 2 x 18″ Drilled and Tapped (+$165.50) 4 Inventronics Dimmable (+$130.00) 4 CoolTron Fans w...
  6. danewell

ID Help?

This just started growing, any ideas?
  7. danewell

What LED's?

Ok so I am about to get some income from some of my investments and I am looking to upgrade my lights. I am thinking Apollo Reef LED SolarBlast Ultra-A. What are your guys thoughts and any recomendations of others. Thanks
  8. danewell

Noisy Overflow

Ok guys and gals; I have a Life Reef overflow (the large one), I purchased the silencers, I am running 1" ID tubing, Mag 18 pump, and it is constantly gurgling. I have played with the air tubing up and down for several days even thought let it run a couple days and it would get better with some...
  9. danewell

I might be crazy, let me know what ya think.

So money is a little tight, and I know that skimmers can remove too much of the good stuff for corals. So my thought is to grow some chaeto and other algaes in the sump and glue some to catch water flowing over the walls in the sump to clean the water. I also have a 3 inch sandbed and plenty of...
  10. danewell

ID Help

So after the move I started noticing some weird things. The first could be a mushroom or a brain coral, because the rocks came from an old tank with both. Look at http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/65235-matts-220-adventure-3.html post 34 pic 4. The second I have no idea what it...
  11. danewell

Which Overflow?

Alright everyone it was pay day and its time to start looking at overflows. What do you recommend? I have looked at Esshops and LifeReef. I like the Esshops price obviously, but don't want to go cheap and regret it, since I have the monster sump on my 110. Also what water pump would you...
  12. danewell

Copepod Cave

I am getting closer to the move down to the condo, and starting to come up with some rockscape ideas. I have some pods already in the tank, since i purchashed sand and rock out of a tank that was 5+ years old. What I am wondering about is I have heard of people building a cave for the pods in...
  13. danewell

ID Help

I was looking in the tank today, and I have no idea what these are... Please help. Thanks
  14. danewell

Need help finding a sump! (Platinum Series Basic Sump 180)

For the sump I found one that is cheap that I can put some dividers in to put caeyto algea and some of the live rock. The one I found was Platinum Series Basic Sump 180 [PSBS180] from Salt Water Eddies. Any ideas on this?
  15. danewell

Dean's Lake Reef

Here is the start of my 110 gallon reef tank at the condo by the lake. Picked up this tank off craigslist, thanks to a lot of help of dmatt88, and his wife. (8/6/11) Two hours later all cleaned up! (8/6/11) First fish! Ok maybe not, but still fun. (8/6/11) Inside...
  16. danewell

Removing Copper (New to SW)

I am going to be trading someone my 20g for a 55g they need a new QT and I am planning on turning the 55g into a reef tank. The only thing is that the 55g had copper used in it. How do I go about cleaning this so I can put corals, live rock, and inverts in the tank safely?
  17. danewell

Removing Copper (New to SW)

I am going to be trading dmatt88 my 20g for a 55g he needs a new QT and I am planning on turning the 55g into a reef tank. The only thing is that the 55g had copper used in it. How do I go about cleaning this so I can put corals, live rock, and inverts in the tank safely?