Search results

1. eaze333

Zoa id please

Just looking for some help with an id on the two frags on the right Thank you!!
  2. eaze333

lowering alkalinity

Hi all, looking to see what the easiest way is to lower alkalinity. I have another tank set up and want to put some of my sps frags into it. My display tank dkh is 9.5. The other tank which is a 30 gal is at 12dkh. That is the salt mix right into the tank, nothing has been dosed. Even if I...
  3. eaze333

Overnite coral shipment not arriving

Hi all, just checking to see if anyone has had any positive experiences with their overnite shipment not arriving as scheduled. I ordered a few nice mini colonies of acropora, and a chalice frag and for whatever technical difficulties Fedex had, the package hasn't arrived. So, in anticipation...
  4. eaze333

RBTA no mouth

Hi all, I recently bought an RBTA from a local reefer. Has good color looks healthy, great! I get him home examine him a little more and notice that I can't find it's mouth. I never even thought of looking when I selected it. Does anyone perhaps have any insight. It is about 4-5 inches...
  5. eaze333

bleaching and STN

Hi, I am looking for some help,thoughts, anything. I bought a new T5 6 bulb fixture in Jan. I change the stock aquatic life bulbs (3-10k and 3-420/450) in March for 2 ATI aquablue special, 3 ATI blue plus and 1 fiji purple. 1 month goes by and all is good. the next month my pink stylo starts...
  6. eaze333

Ornate Wrasse missing. I think

Hi, i bought a an ornate wrasse about a week ago and I haven't seen it since. does anyone know if it is typical for some fish to hide out for some time. My concern is that if it is alive and hasn't eaten, how long can it survive. I only have 2 clowns and a psuedochromis that is a little...
  7. eaze333

Farewell to Purple LTA

I just want to bid farewell to my purple LTA after almost a year. I came home from work last night and there it was on top of one of my powerheads for the 3rd time. I was hoping I could save it like the last times. No such luck. The foot somehow got sucked very well between the grating on the...
  8. eaze333

Powder blue tang feeding question

Hi, I have a powder blue that has turned his nose up at eating romaine lettuce. Which he was quite happy with until a few weeks ago. He won't touch nori. The only things he will eat are some small pellet food and frozen mysis shrimp. Neither of which seem to have too much substance to keep his...
  9. eaze333

ID Please!! Strange White spots popping up on live rock

Hi, I was hoping someone could id these white spots for me. Not the best photo. I can take great pics, just not in my aquarium :). I started noticing these spot about a week ago on piece of rock with an encrusting monti. Now I just noticed that I have about 7 pieces of rock with the same spots...
  10. eaze333

Quick lighitng sugestion question

Hi, I now there are tons of lighting questions. I am just looking for a suggestion to get a little more blue. I am currently running an Aquatic Life 6 bulb t5 Front to back 1. ATI Aquablue special 2. Aquatic life 420nm/460nm 3. Aquatic life 10k 4. KZ Fiji purple 5. Aquatic life...
  11. eaze333

So not i found a nudi on my monti cap.

So now I found a nudi on my monti cap. Last night I was staring at my corals as I try to do every other day just in case something seems strange. I happen to see a flippin nudi on one of my monti caps. I have since been doing alot of reading and making my brain crazy and adding a little stress...
  12. eaze333

Monti cap color change question

I have had a Pink monti cap. for about 2 months or so. It was bright pink with a little white on the edges. the guy I got it from had it under metal halides half up from the bottom of 150gal long tank. The first month I had it, it contiued pink and know has started to become more dark orange...
  13. eaze333

AquaC EV-120 protein skimmer

Hi everyone, I am looking for some input or opinions on a AquaC EV-120 protein skimmer with a MAG5 pump I am looking to buy. I have an AquaC Remora only rated for 75 gal, it doesn't pull much skimmate, maybe becasue is a little insufficient. The Ev-120 is rated 40 to 120 gal. I have 75 gal...
  14. eaze333

Plate coral dying?

Hello everyone, I have some bad luck lately with my new arrivals in my display tank. Here here we go. I have a plate coral(purple and green) that is about 4 inches. I have had only 2 weeks maybe. I was looking good the first week, tentacles showing at night,a little bit fatter and now I think...
  15. eaze333

mini carpet with LTA

I have read some mixed opinions about having different species of anenome in the same tank. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion about throwing a mini carpet anenome in the same tank as an LTA. Would there still be some sort of chemical combat going on? I would like another anenome and...
  16. eaze333

Is this brown Jelly Disease?

Could anyone tell me if this is Brown Jelly disease on my Elegance? I have had for about 3 weeks. It is supposedly a Blue Tip Elegance from Australia. The first week it was doing great. Then it has begun to slowly stop expanding with the goopy stuff in the picture I have been suctioning off it...
  17. eaze333

Maintenance dosing with Randy's 2 part or Kalklwasser

Hi, I had been having issues with calcium levels hovering around 300ppm, so I started the Randy's 2 part system, well something similar from BRS. I wasn't brave enough to start messing around with bags of icemelt. I got my levels of calcium up to 450ppm. All good with that. On the alkalinity...
  18. eaze333

calibrating a ph meter

Hi, I am trying to make sense of the instructions that came with on of those ph meters i bought off ebay from china. It comes with 2 pack of powdered solution to calibrate. I just have no idea with how much water you are supposed to mix the packets. It is a PH-009(I) pen type ph meter. on the...
  19. eaze333

Acanthophyllia deshayesiana dying???

Hi, this might be my first experience with a dying coral, I hope not. I bought this Acanthophyllia deshayesiana on saturday(first picture) and this is what it looks like today(next 3 pics). There is some tissue damage where the skeleton is poking through. I can see through the holes in it's...
  20. eaze333

SPS care qusetion

I recently recently purchased a 5-6" pink monti cap. for really small cash and at the same time given a 3-4" frag of a purple tip acro. I have a little bit of everything going on in the tank now. I have been looking online to add a little more splash of color in the tank with another SPS. Some...