Quick lighitng sugestion question

eaze333

Hi,
I now there are tons of lighting questions. I am just looking for a suggestion to get a little more blue.
I am currently running an Aquatic Life 6 bulb t5
Front to back

1. ATI Aquablue special
2. Aquatic life 420nm/460nm
3. Aquatic life 10k
4. KZ Fiji purple
5. Aquatic life 420nm/460nm
6. ATI Aquablue special

I would like a little more blue for the daylight setting, but I want to keep the fiji purple. I like the color it brings out in the pink,reds,purples.
I was thinking of adding 1 or 2 ATI blue+ in place of the 420/460's but I don't know which is bluer. Or maybe replace something else with the Blue+ ????My dawn/dusk bulbs are positions 2 and 4, so it is a little purple, which is OK, but I don't know if it is good for the health of the corals.
Any suggestions
sorry for the most likely repeat type of question.

DaveK

Now I realize that lighting is a very personal subject, and everyone has there own opinion on what type of light is best. In looking at what you have, you already have the two actinic bulbs and the fiji purple, and the Aquablue bulbs are something like 12000K bulbs. How much more blue do you really want or need?

I'd say that if the corals are doing well, leave things alone. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

If you really really must have more blue, I'd change out one or both of the aquablue bulbs for an additional actinic bulb. One of the nice things about lighting is that it's easy enough to switch back if things don't work out.

eaze333

I hear you Dave, maybe i', being to fussy. I just see so many damn good pic of tanks and they always seem to a good blue tint. I'm not looking for a totally actinic look. Maybe the pics I do see are just with actinics on. I wasn't sure if there was any difference between the blue+ and 420/460 I have now. The corals are doing well, so maybe i just might leave it. This is the tank with my current combo.
IMG_20110413_222527.jpg