Plate coral dying?

eaze333

Hello everyone,
I have some bad luck lately with my new arrivals in my display tank. Here here we go.
I have a plate coral(purple and green) that is about 4 inches. I have had only 2 weeks maybe. I was looking good the first week, tentacles showing at night,a little bit fatter and now I think it is loosing tissue or it is receding from it mouth. Its mouth has been getting larger and now is open to about the size of a quarter I can't get it too feed and never see its tentacles out at night or anytime for that matter anymore. Is this guy doomed or is there something I can do?
DSC04463.jpg

Temp-80
PH-8.0
sal-35ppt
dkh-9
Cal-450
Mag-1470
ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
Phosphate-0

mbdave

It doe's not look very good, but I have seen this before and I have seen fungias (plate) recover. Leave it alone do not try to feed it for now, make sure nothing is picking on it I do not believe anything is but you never know. If it dies which it might leave it in the tank and again leave it alone it will probably sprout some clones thats what plates do in a stress situation.
Good luck,
Dave

eaze333

Dave,
I will not try to feed it anymore. I will leave it alone, but is it Ok in the open under my normal light conditions?
and
Thank You
Eric

mbdave

I don't believe it's lighting, but you might try another light position it might help.
Good luck,
Dave