Monti cap color change question

eaze333

I have had a Pink monti cap. for about 2 months or so. It was bright pink with a little white on the edges. the guy I got it from had it under metal halides half up from the bottom of 150gal long tank. The first month I had it, it contiued pink and know has started to become more dark orange, with maybe a slight brown hue to it. It still has a little bit of pink on it's edge, but very little. The second pic is it's color now which my hard to tell it's orange color. Is it getting too much light, too little, or maybe because the color of my bulbs are different. 6 T5- 3 actinic 420/460 and 3-10k. I the monti about 8 inches from the surface of the water and the lights are about 5 inches above the water. Any ideas?

Before
pink-1.jpg

Now
orange-1.jpg

steved13

PREMIUM
Generally lighter/less color with more light (bleaching= to much light) more/darker color with less light.

eaze333

It was already pretty light when I got it and afraid it would bleach. i guess I will move it up a little bit. I don't want it any darker than is.

KARussell88

I think steved13 means that it was bleaching in the other guys tank and, now that its darkened, is actually more healthy in your tank right now. Putting it closer to the light might bleach it again

eaze333

Ahh. No kidding. I thought it was pretty cool addition being all pink. I see what your saying. Well if its healthy I'll keep it where it is then. I was worried it was keep getting dark and turn brown or something. I get it.
Thanks!!