So not i found a nudi on my monti cap.

eaze333

So now I found a nudi on my monti cap.

Last night I was staring at my corals as I try to do every other day just in case something seems strange. I happen to see a flippin nudi on one of my monti caps. I have since been doing alot of reading and making my brain crazy and adding a little stress as I have 3 monti caps total, 1 digita, and 3 monti nodosa. Has anyone here had any sucess stories. From all that I have read I can't really gather if iodine dips frequently are the best option or maybe someone has had some other sucessful eradication. Unfortunateley, I don't have a quarantine tank, but the corals can be removed. Although I only saw one nudi. I have had the particular colony for about 4 months and never noticed anything. I had recently introduced the other 2 monti cap and 3 nodosa within the past month. So, not really sure when they arrived (i'll assume there are more.
If I put a wrasse in there am I risking it tearing up my lps or inverts?

Last edited:

jski711

buy a yellow or green coris wrasse. ive had better luck the the greens ime. a radiant will also do as well. nudis seem to be the easiest to get rid of pest wise imo. hth