Search results

1. 1ofManyNguyens

API SW Master test kit and Reef Master kit color charts

Hello, Well i just recently bought the API SW master and Reef Master kits and one kit didnt include all my color charts. I am missing Calcium and KH charts. I was wondering if any of you have the charts and instructions online or a good picture/scan of these so i can use. I have tried...
  2. 1ofManyNguyens

T. Nguyen's 14G BioCube

Well as I work on rebuilding my 20G high and my standard 90G i decide to buy a 14G bio cube. I guess when you get the Reef Bug you just go all out. Its pretty hard working on all 3 tanks and still manage my money for bills and savings but i make it work. Anywho, i got a 14G Bio Cube from...
  3. 1ofManyNguyens

The Nguyen'ing 90

So i know your are suppose to start a chronicle right when you start but ive put it off. I am not too far off from starting my tank anyways. I started off with a 20 high and moved onto this 90. I bought the tank way back in May of 2009 but with a lot of major expenses i had to put off my tank...
  4. 1ofManyNguyens

Base rock into live rock

I was wondering how do you know when your base rock turns into live rock? I have a lot of base rock in my tank and added some live rock to seed it but i dont notice any difference. I have probably 100lbs base with 30 lbs of LR seeding, 2 K3s for flow (not sure if i need it but didnt think it...
  5. 1ofManyNguyens

DIY LED light fixture?

Well im not sure how to feel towards LEDs just yet but i felt like possibly making a LED light fixture. My family owns a CNC machine shop and ill ask my dad to make me a reflector looking kind of like this: \_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/ (not sure how many individual reflectors ill need but ill make it to...
  6. 1ofManyNguyens

Question about MH ballast

I think my ballast is busted on my dual 175w MH that i bought second hand. My question is can i buy any 175w MH ballast to power both of my lights? ive tried reading a few things on it but i dont really understand the "electronic" language when it comes to this.:banghead:
  7. 1ofManyNguyens

Too much rock?

I was just wondering if one can have too much rock. I have a 90g with about 200lbs of rock waiting to be put in. I just dont want to over do it.
  8. 1ofManyNguyens

Toan's Fish Cubes!

If your wondering what the heck is a Toan... its my name! I saw that everyones making their own mush now-a-days. So i decided to give it a try. Im still in the process of soaking everything in water but i took some pictures and felt like sharing since everyone here loves pictures! This is a...
  9. 1ofManyNguyens

Sandbed

How does one go about ordering the right amount of sand? i have a 90G (48"x18") base to work with and i plan on getting something like this CaribSea Seaflor Fiji Pink Reef Sand 15 lb I want roughly a 4" DSB but dont know how to calculate how many LBS i need to order.
  10. 1ofManyNguyens

My stocking options?

Hello everyone, I am again here looking for your advise and opinion. I am currently working on my 90g reef but im not quite sure what fishes i would like to stock. ATM i am looking at (i am not getting anywhere close to all of these but im looking into getting something out of this mix)...
  11. 1ofManyNguyens

Euro-Reef vs. ASM G1x

So i have 2 choices at the moment and can decide which one to get. Now i come to you guys and seem some advice. Which skimmer is better? If any of you have one of these skimmer please let me know how well its working for you. Euro-Reef RS100 or the ASM G1x Thanks
  12. 1ofManyNguyens

Metal Halide Bulbs..

Ok so this might be a dumb question but are all the bulbs the same size? (single ended) Thanks.
  13. 1ofManyNguyens

Right size tank?

I am looking at upgrading from my 20g to something with a bit more room. What do you think is the best size tank for an avg. reef tank? and Why?
  14. 1ofManyNguyens

Fingers Crossed

Hello everyone, I just thought I'd share my excitement with you all! Im waiting for the OK from my landlord so i can go ahead and get a 180g tank from a local off craigslist. Nice tank and dirt cheap. :overhere: :bigbounce :tongue: :yup: :turntable :woohoo: :whstlr:
  15. 1ofManyNguyens

Fish has foggy eyes

Hello everyone, I had my sister watch my tank for 2 weeks since i had jury duty and now all my fish have foggy eyes. She said that all she did was feed them and did one water change (25%). Can i get some help on finding out what this disease really is and how to treat it? thanks!:tears...
  16. 1ofManyNguyens

Scapping putty?

Hello again, I am here with yet another question. And please bump me if i posted in the wrong place. What kind of "putty"(?) is used for aquascaping? I have seen a lot of threads and pictures of amazing rock work and I'm now thinking of changing mine around. Thanks! T. Nguyen
  17. 1ofManyNguyens

Return pumps

Hello, I just finished my 10g sump and I'm looking at buying my return pump within the next few days. My question is how do i know what kind of return i need? the output of the pump? The sump will be about 3ft-4ft under my tank and my tank is not drilled. What pump would you guys recommend...
  18. 1ofManyNguyens

Help! Attack of the algae!!!

Hello Everyone, First of all, thanks for taking the time to stop by and help me out. Ok, so heres my problem... ALGAE!!! I have green algae (slime?) all over the place. I cleaned the glass off about 7 hours ago and its already back. I'm not exactly sure what kind of algae it is but my CUC and...
  19. 1ofManyNguyens

Can someone recommend a good timer?

Hello Guys and Gals, I have had my tank up and running for about 4 months now and everyday i have been manually turn my lights on and off:smack: . Can someone please recommend a good timer? I read :read: some reviews and all the ones i read up on seems to break in one way or another after a...
  20. 1ofManyNguyens

Greetings from So. Cali.

Hello, I am new to this whole obsession i like to call "the reef" I bought a 20g tank and did everything the hard way... then heard about nanos. I make my mistakes but im learning from them. So far i havent lost anything and hoping to keep it that way. (might have lost a FlowerPot (bought it...