Question about MH ballast

I think my ballast is busted on my dual 175w MH that i bought second hand. My question is can i buy any 175w MH ballast to power both of my lights? ive tried reading a few things on it but i dont really understand the "electronic" language when it comes to this.:banghead:

I think the ballast is actually working but if anyone has an answer for me i would still like to know in case i decide to change things up.

gch.3

you will need one ballast per bulb. so if you have 2 175w bulbs you need 2 175w ballast. and remember the ballast can only be used with same wattage bulb. 175w ballast=175w bulb, 250w ballast=250w bulb, ect.

my lighting setup right now has 2 bulb on 1 ballast. Its a huge ballast but doesnt have a logo on it so i cant check if thats how its suppose to be. Both lights work and doesnt look like there are any problems.

gch.3

the big box contains 2 ballast. if its working leave it go. if it stops working get 2 ballast and retro them to the fixture.

gch.3

just my opinion but if you do change it go with an electronic ballast.way more efficent and lighter then a magnetic ballast.