Scapping putty?

Hello again,

I am here with yet another question. And please bump me if i posted in the wrong place. What kind of "putty"(?) is used for aquascaping? I have seen a lot of threads and pictures of amazing rock work and I'm now thinking of changing mine around.

Thanks!

T. Nguyen

ZAPCOnj

i've used the two little fishies epoxy for frag mounting to help stabilize my rock work. I use just a little at the mounting points when needed. it cures grey and ends up coloring up nicely in the tank. most of my epoxy points are covered in coraline algae.

I'm sure there are some others out there..

there are a number of people who use plastic dowels and a hand drill to "peg" their rock work together. when i set up my next tank i will be trying that process out. it looks like it's very easy to do.

Jeremy0322

I was curious about the same thing, so I got a tube of this and a tube of this, if you check my thread in a few days I should be posting how this stuff works out!

Awesome! Thanks guys.

I was looking into "pegging" my rocks together but i didnt like the idea of taking the rocks out of the tank for so long (tank is upstairs and far from back patio).

Jeremy, ill be keeping an eye out for that thread so i can see what you used and how you used it before i attempt anything too drastic.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Most hardware stores (both your local independent and "Big Box") carry the PC Marine Epoxy that works GREAT for this subject. Do a search here on RS for PC+Marine and you should find several threads with some of them having links and pics. Just be warned it's not a very TACKY material and it takes an hour or so to "Set" in the tank. It's easy to work with but I wouldn't plan on any of these products to hold a rock from the canopy or anything extreme like that. :D