T. Nguyen's 14G BioCube

Well as I work on rebuilding my 20G high and my standard 90G i decide to buy a 14G bio cube. I guess when you get the Reef Bug you just go all out. Its pretty hard working on all 3 tanks and still manage my money for bills and savings but i make it work.

Anywho, i got a 14G Bio Cube from Craigslist, for a steal, with everything in working condition and no hard chemicals used (according to the prev owner, who seemed like a honest guy). I didn't snap any pictures of it when i first got it but so far Ive replaced the LED moonlights (one was dimmer than the other), Added water, sand, and live rock. Tried to putty my rockwork together but it all fell part so i just stacked it for now.

I will most likely upgrade to a LED lighting system in the near future.

I don't know what kind of fish(es) i want to keep in the tank yet but since it is so small i don't want to over stock it. I really want a pair of clowns but i don't think it is big enough... I will most likely still put them in there but once they get bigger they will go in my 90.

Left the camera cables in the car so i will post pictures up tomorrow! Just a regular point and shoot camera so don't expect too much. (DSLR will be my next big purchase)

Any ideas on what i should put in my tank instead of clowns please feel free to drop me a line. I will take all suggestions into consideration.

Well my tank is in its cycle and looks like its moving pretty quickly but i will wait a bit longer just to be safe. I know i promised pictures awhile ago i just been real busy with life. But i finally got my rock scape the way i want it and snapped some pictures. Enjoy!

P.S. I am still taking suggestions for what kind of fish i should put in here.
Front view
DSC00303.jpg

Closer front view
DSC00300.jpg

At an angle to see the cove i made
DSC00301.jpg

Left side view
DSC00304.jpg

Right side view (bit blurry, was at a bad angle)
DSC00305.jpg

Top view
DSC00306.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Looks Nice, good idea to wait :)

I have recently been looking into clown goby's, watchmen goby's, and other small goby's, I think they would make a nice addition to your tank.

Looks Nice, good idea to wait :)

I have recently been looking into clown goby's, watchmen goby's, and other small goby's, I think they would make a nice addition to your tank.

Thanks! And thank you for the suggestions. I will look into those. I want a watchman and shrimp duo but i want this tank to be more "lively"

I really want those clowns and i know they will outgrow this tank but i also have a 20H and a 90 i can toss them in when they get bigger. I just love how they are so active and always curious.

Looks good, like the scape work

Thank you!

Well i placed an order with TheFilterGuys.com and my new RO/DI just came in about 20 minutes ago. I rushed downstairs to get my new package and brought it upstairs to unload it. Everything looks great until i notice the Tap Water Line wasnt attached. The little nozzle must have broke off during the shipping. Ill post some pics after calling them up and seeing what i can do.

On a positive note! My tank is 100% cycled and i bought a hairy mushroom and Acan yesterday! And i also picked up a few snails for now.

New FTS
DSC00367.jpg

The Hairy
DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSCN2077.jpg

Acan
DSC00372.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

DSCN2075.jpg

Cleaning crew doing what they do!
DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

This is my fav shot so far. Shows him "eating" the sand.
DSC00344.jpg

And once he got annoyed with the camera in his face.
DSC00349.jpg

Nice pics! I really like the rockwork, good job...

Thanks! I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what i wanted to do with my rockscape and i finally settled with that! I tried using putty to join rocks together but it wasn't working for me so i just used lots and lots of Super Glue Gel.

redsea reefer

Thanks! I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what i wanted to do with my rockscape and i finally settled with that! I tried using putty to join rocks together but it wasn't working for me so i just used lots and lots of Super Glue Gel.

Your welcome! It came out great...

tangerine3486

nice! Which powerhead is that?

For fish other than clowns you could do maybe gobies/jawfish, blennies, shrimp or lobster (I know not fish) .

nice! Which powerhead is that?

For fish other than clowns you could do maybe gobies/jawfish, blennies, shrimp or lobster (I know not fish) .

Its a Koralia Nano.
I actually bought a little Flametail Blenny that is in there right now but he hides so i cant snap a shot of him. He might go in my 20 or 90 if i find something else i like.

How's the acan doing under stock lighting? Btw your aquascaping looks great!

So far so good. They seem to be happy under the stock lights. I have them about half way up in the tank. Thanks for the compliment!

1Reefer

Tank looks great Many, still diggin that scape. Hey one tip on getting rockwork to stick (has to be done out of water of course) is to use the reef putty and super glue gel together. I have glued some pretty big peices together this way (like 25lbs +) the trick seems to be to let it cure out of the tank for 30 minutes to an hour. Just put a small amount of super glue gel on the surfaces that will contact the rock and the putty seems to push the super gel deeper into the cracks than any other method, this gives you a super hold if you let it cure without playing with it to much. It won't feel real "stuck" to the other peice right away, but give it a few minutes and you will notice its starting to bond.

Good luck Many, I really like this build so far. Oh and BTW I have a yellow watchman, he's a pretty cool little guy. Let me know if you want more info.

Tank looks great Many, still diggin that scape. Hey one tip on getting rockwork to stick (has to be done out of water of course) is to use the reef putty and super glue gel together. I have glued some pretty big peices together this way (like 25lbs +) the trick seems to be to let it cure out of the tank for 30 minutes to an hour. Just put a small amount of super glue gel on the surfaces that will contact the rock and the putty seems to push the super gel deeper into the cracks than any other method, this gives you a super hold if you let it cure without playing with it to much. It won't feel real "stuck" to the other peice right away, but give it a few minutes and you will notice its starting to bond.

Good luck Many, I really like this build so far. Oh and BTW I have a yellow watchman, he's a pretty cool little guy. Let me know if you want more info.

Yeah the one problem i had with the putty is i didnt want my fully cured rocks sitting outside the tank for too long to i just had to use the glue. Thanks for the advise though. I will use it once i start my next tank... who knows when that will be.

As for the Y Watchmen, i was considering one since i did have one before in my 20G before it crashed.

Well i just got home from work and a weekend at my parents...

I walk into my room to see bubbles everywhere in my tank from the return pump. I guess i didnt add enough water to last the weekend now i have all these bubbles in my tank :banghead:. I used my feeder from BigJay to blow some bubbles away. Things finally calmed down, and so did i, as i began to look for my FlameTail Blenny... Well i found him dead on the bottom right corner of the tank :cry1: I dont know what happened and now i am waiting for my test results to come in (waiting the 5 mins for test to mix) Everything else in the tank seems ok. Cleaner shrimp is out and a bout, Zoas, Acans, and Xenia seem fine. I didnt have time to snap pictures since i was in panic mode. Well ill post the test results later because im way too tired from working all night. Just to be on the safe side i will do a 5G WC when i wake up.