Can someone recommend a good timer?

Hello Guys and Gals,

I have had my tank up and running for about 4 months now and everyday i have been manually turn my lights on and off:smack: . Can someone please recommend a good timer? I read :read: some reviews and all the ones i read up on seems to break in one way or another after a few months.cnfzd: :surrender:

Thanks!:bow:

-T. Nguyen

Stacef

I got mine at Menards like $11. Outdoor timer, even has a "door" cover on it so it doesn;t get wet, it works great with abolutely no issues.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've done it with "manual" timers (appliance timers) and I've done it with a "Controller".

Let me say.... once you go controller you NEVER go back! LOL!

It's nice to have your lights on a timer for many reasons:

A) Consistency is healthy
B) Ease of use.... set it and forget it
C) Automation . . . Go on vacation and everything "Stays on schedule"

When I used timers for the lights (and I still do here in my office) I always used the Heavy Duty Appliance timers from your local hardware store. They are built heavier than your "Christmas Lights" timer and usually have a 3-prong as opposed to 2-prong plug.

Thanks

Ill be heading to the hardware store as soon as i wake up... i just got home from working the graveyard shift and my tire blew out on the way home :zzz:

bandr1002

i got three from walmart, never had a problem, do not pay for a timer from a LFS.............. biggest waste of cash!!!!

BigJay

I dunno the coralife strip timers are pretty handy and far less bulky then regular hardware store timers.
I'm with Al though. Buy a controller. An aquacontroller jr. now is only a little more then 200 bucks... get PH readings in real time, see temp, get a wave maker, a moonlight timer and control every part of your tank from one little digital box.
Like Al said once you've used one you'll never go back.