Search results

1. Slickcg33

MONSTER flatworm? hichhiker id please.

I had a bit of a tank issue today, my water top-off tube came out of the tank and spilled all over my surge protectors, a good 2-3 gallons worth. So my tank has been completely shut off for about 2 hours and I found this MONSTER climbing on the glass. I havent added anything in the tank in over...
  2. Slickcg33

Fish are coming down with something.

Symptoms: My male clown came down with cloudiness/glassiness in both eyes about a week ago. My female clown came down with it in her left eye only, about 2 days ago. She also has a much brighter white dot on the eye as well. They both twitch but i cant tell if its mating twitching or parasite...
  3. Slickcg33

LTA issues.

Well im not sure if this is allowed but i posed my problem originally on reefcentral because i usually get quicker answers there. Usually i get more informed answers here but they take longer lol. Probably should of posted it here originally. Well i was going to link my thread over there to here...
  4. Slickcg33

Hamer Coral Dieing

Well, i wasn't home last night and i come back today and my tank looks disastrous. The main problem is my hammer coral. It appears he is deteriorating, starting from one of his sides. I have no idea how this happened, and i checked the params and they all appear to be in check. Obviously...
  5. Slickcg33

Curious Clown Conundrum?

Well besides from the silly name of this thread, my clowns are doing something very peculiar. The female clarkie ive had for over a year and she has a new male thats been in the tank perhaps for 2 months. At first she beat him up and i thought he was going to die, but that phase passed and...
  6. Slickcg33

Dendro not opening?

Well i purchased a dendro a little under a week ago from a trusted online retailer and dripped it for about an hour and threw it in my tank.. it hasn't opened during my lighting cycle once. i have seen it poking out at night via flash light. My first thought is my lights are too intense, but its...
  7. Slickcg33

New Addition, Rare coral?

Well, i was looking at one of our sponsor sites, extreamcorals.com, and found a little gem that i couldn't pass up.. even though i should have because i cant afford it lol. Anyways its labeled as "3.5x2.5 ULTRA COLORED NEON ORANGE AUSTRALIAN HAMMER WALL CORAL" I really dont see the orange in...
  8. Slickcg33

Zooanthid sick? possible fungus?

About a week ago i noticed a mini set of zoas closed up. i figured they had been walked on by a crab or something like that at first but after about a week of being closed there is obviously a problem. i just noticed that the next set over has started to close, only one or 2 polyps out of the 6...
  9. Slickcg33

Heater Broke, Tank doomed?

So, on one of the coldest nights of the year here in sunny Florida my heater breaks. I didn't find out until this morning but the tank dropped down to 60 degrees (maybe more, but the thermometer read 60 when i woke up) I ran out and got a new heater and its slowly raising the temp back up. The...
  10. Slickcg33

Bubble Bullies!

So, Ive had this BTA in my tank for about 6 months now and he is growing like a weed. He spit about a week and a half ago and now i have 2 weeds. I also have a fairly new RBTA which is gorgeous!(3 weeks old) However this RBTA is smaller then both of the split pieces of the original BTA. I...
  11. Slickcg33

Star Polyps, Possible issue?

Hey guys I need your advice. Recently my potters angle had a very large soar on his side. I figured it was from fighting or rubbing up against a rock. But just to be safe I dosed the tank with Rally for 3 days without skimmer and carbon in the tank like the instructions say. It has gone away as...
  12. Slickcg33

I.D. Please, worm/slug?

Its amazing what type of critters you will find in your tank. Ive had mine up for about a year and thought I knew everything in it, and out of the blue this guy pops up. Hes about an inch in size. He moves very slow and has arms/legs like suction cups. The front end seems to be where the...
  13. Slickcg33

Help, MH light issue?

well i just received my new(I think) aqua medic ocean pendant light from marinedepo.com. The reason I say "I think" is because a couple of the boxes looked like they been used before, it didn't come w/ an instruction manual(which I think it supposed to) and one of the hanging sockets looks...
  14. Slickcg33

Wtb Rose Bta

Hello, I'm looking to purchase a Rose bubble anemone. If you have one and are looking to sell please either pm me or reply back on this thread with the following information: 1.)How much you would like to charge for it? 2.)How much shipping would cost from your location to 32608 area...
  15. Slickcg33

Help, Lighting positioning!

I currently have a Solana Aquarium. The dimensions of the tank are 20x20x20 and its 34gal. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, you can reference it here... Solana - Aquarium System | Current What's Next I just purchased the Aqua medic ocean light pendant for the tank. its 250w mh...
  16. Slickcg33

Saying Hello!

Hey all!! Just joined these forums and I joined Reef Central forums also. So if you see the same message on there dont get mad! :) I guess I'll introduce myself. My names Cole, I'm 22 and I live in Gainesville, Fl. I'm currently enrolled in the Police Academy at Santa Fe College Institute...