LTA issues.

Slickcg33

Well im not sure if this is allowed but i posed my problem originally on reefcentral because i usually get quicker answers there. Usually i get more informed answers here but they take longer lol. Probably should of posted it here originally. Well i was going to link my thread over there to here if thats allowed.(if it isnt please delete this thread) any questions please ask.
First LTA, couple questions. - Reef Central Online Community

chipmunkofdoom2

Provided you have very powerful lighting (MH or T5HO) and your tank is well established (1+ years) and all parameters are good, then I would leave it alone. I know you wanted it to be the center piece, but it didn't really like being there. They will move as they see fit.

As for it looking unhealthy, perhaps it is just acclimating (if your tank is suited for it).

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
It hasn't buried it's foot because it hasn't found the ideal spot. Wether the issue is the lighting/flow in the area or the depth of the SB it'll move and set it's foot when it finds the ideal location. AFA the mouth being slightly open that is common when first introduced but if it's healthy and the tank is chemically balanced it should be fine.

Slickcg33

It hasn't buried it's foot because it hasn't found the ideal spot. Wether the issue is the lighting/flow in the area or the depth of the SB it'll move and set it's foot when it finds the ideal location. AFA the mouth being slightly open that is common when first introduced but if it's healthy and the tank is chemically balanced it should be fine.

thats what i thought originally also, however its been in the tank for a couple weeks now and hasnt moved at all. it just hasnt burried its foot either...