Search results

1. wazzifam

Tang issues

Hi all, Can anyone help id what is going on with these 2 guys Thanks Yellow Eye Kole (The 2 white specs are sand from the powerhead) Atlantic Blue Tang
  2. wazzifam

Live Rock-Sand

2 Questions are the focus here. #1. How would one go about adding live rock to a system that is running already without cycling tank again. #2. How would one go about adding any amount of sand to DT. Obvious to shut off pumps/filtration. but what about the cloud of smoot it will put...
  3. wazzifam

150 Gallons of SLOW Parrot-dise

Hi all, Im gonna start this tank the right way take what Ive already learaned and go Nice and Slow... In fact she (the tank) isnt even in the house yet. I have a 150 gallon with a nice stand and canopy. We (Jon and I) brought the canopy only into the house (as both peices are sitting in the...
  4. wazzifam

Parrotdise-Reef, the 55 Gal. journey!

Hi to all. I decided to compact myself to one area. I think I can help my sometimers disease If I have one place to look for the answers I keep forgetting the questions to. For those of you that dont know me, I have a 55 gallon Mixed Reef tank. My tank consists of 1 black and white Clown...
  5. wazzifam

Night testing

Hi everyone, Is it ok to test at night after the lights have been off? Since I dont seem to be here in daylight hours? Just curious, thanks,
  6. wazzifam

tank & Equip for trade. any opinions on this?

It this is posted in the wrong place im sorry, but I would like some help. I was put in touch with this person who has a 90 gallon set up for trade. He wants a macaw, I have one that needs a good home. but im wondering if the equip. he has is good or bad. This is what he said. "Ok we have a...
  7. wazzifam

Death by snail!

Found this interesting and Scary! See BigJay why I dont get in the water. reason 102 Death by Snail: The Poisonous Sting of a Cone Snail - Associated Content Welcome to Cone Shells and Conotoxins Page...
  8. wazzifam

Salinity readings

Where do you keep your salinity?
  9. wazzifam

Walking Batfish Causes?? B&W clown to popeye

Hello all, I have a thread started on the general section. about the walking batfish addition (that will be temporary.) i would like to refer people there to review the discussion and any answers you have as to how to treat the clown would be great, there are pics of him on there...
  10. wazzifam

ugghhhhh Dang Kids Help for a sec plz Walking batfish

Ok... Dont kill the messanger here. At least Thats how I feel. Sorry its long, I thought I was impulsive.... Well im not in comparison to what happened this weekend while we were at work. Our Schedules take us away from here for long hours... mainly any viewing hours. Got a last minute...
  11. wazzifam

Tank Cleaning and Vac.

Can someone point me to the tank cleaning thread. I have spent money on 3 vaccum tubes. Yes 3. and none of them have enough power durring syphon to get the nasty algea off the sand. It seems they are all just sucking water and stiring sand. So im looking for the techniques everyone is using...
  12. wazzifam

Sand Sifting Starfish

Hi guys, I am having a sand algea problem. the clean up crew doesnt seem to be getting to it so I was thinking. :whstlr: If I add more or another sand sifting star will it help with the problem? mine does a good job just cant :chainsaw: fast enough, and the brittle star stays on the rocks...
  13. wazzifam

Condy question....

ok here we go... lights on everyone present and accounted for. 4 hours later I go to peak again and I find this big guy sucked into the intake. I shut everything off and got him out, he pouted to the corner of the tank. Now I have found a few peices of his tentacles. like 4 or 5 ends. am I...
  14. wazzifam

Aquarium marine algea

Marine Aquarium Saltwater Algae Found this to be an interesting read. thought I would share.
  15. wazzifam

55 gallon Stands and Canopy's Pics & input pls

Hi all, im getting ready to build a custom cab. and canopy for my 55 gallon tank, I would like to see any of your cabinets or any speciall features yours may have that makes it a useable space. And tank enhancing. Care to share your pics and ideas for incorporation. I'll get my sketches...
  16. wazzifam

hydrometer Calibration

My meter always reads alot higher than the LFS, anywhere I take the water to test it. I know the approximation its off, but I dont wanna assume. Id rather have good test equip. Someday I will be able to get a new one. t One of the LFS said he could recallibrate it... Its the plastic instant...
  17. wazzifam

Hypothetically speaking...Would this make a dif?

I currently run 2 over the back filters on my 55 gal tank. they pump about 850 gph btw the 2. Its been mentioned to increase flow, So what if............ I put one filter on each end facing each other. would it make a diff. in the current? Could I get a tidal wave in the middle of the tank...
  18. wazzifam

Emperor 400

I am running this filter. 3 stage. just realized today the guy that came to install all the stuff for the tank when he filled it put the filters in backwards. So needless to say that may have been some of my water trouble. Anyone else use this. I find it to be great otherwise, I would like...
  19. wazzifam

Red velvet algea

While im waiting for my water to straighten out, I was wondering what I can do to get rid of the red velvet and algea that clumps the sand. I really dont wanna add anything to the water, but should i take out the peices and scrub it off or will this give me undesirable results? Ive been...
  20. wazzifam

Snowflake eel. Free?

Snowflake Eel Anyone wanna check this out? I do not know the validity, I just came across it and know Im not interested.