Condy question....

wazzifam

ok here we go... lights on everyone present and accounted for. 4 hours later I go to peak again and I find this big guy sucked into the intake. I shut everything off and got him out, he pouted to the corner of the tank.

Now I have found a few peices of his tentacles. like 4 or 5 ends.
am I gonna have anems everywhere or do they have to have a mouth to reproduce? anyone know?
do I need to get in and remove all of the peices?

100_5217.jpg

100_5218.jpg

100_5219.jpg

SubRosa

Remove any pieces you find, they're dead. The animal itself could very well recover if it was healthy to begin with and your water is good. Having pieces of dead anemone isn't conducive to good water!

John

wazzifam

ok I removed the ones I could find. They were just the tips of the tentacles. I was hoping I wasnt gonna find 20 of them in that tank in a few weeks. have you heard stories of them reproducing from being pulled apart without mouths attatched??

I threatened (Jokingly) that if it didnt shape up that I was gonna cut it in half. Never expecting self mutilation.

He was very healthy and huge this morning like usual. so I am hoping that after a day of rest he will be back up to the huge sunflower that he has become. I would hate to loose him, even though he has cost a small fortune in live stock, and none of the remaining residents of this tank appreciate him as much as they should. Noone ever cuddles with him. no wonder hes always trying to grab the first thing that swims by.

He just wants sum luvin too!
Pouting in the corner................................:nopity:

seafansar

No, they need part of the mouth to grow back into a full anemone. The tentacles by themselves will just die. You must really like that anemone. If I had one that ate all my fish, he'd be gone in a second. Sorry to hear he had a run in with the filter, but he looks like he'll do alright.

seafansar

Ummm... tentacles from a coral (a frogspawn for instance) will decompose also if they are severed from the body.