ZEOvit System

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Mesocosm also use to be a ZEOvit moderator :D He is a great guy and a invert research food web aquaculturist. He taught chemistry and biology for 20 years. I made ref to him way back in this thread:)

G.Alexander

Boomer said:
Thanks for those pics of the zeolites :D WOW ! that stuff you guys are using has some really big "holes". You can even seen the screen mount matting through them. Very easy for bacter's to colonize that stuff. Do all 4 kinds look like this or do the others have smaller to medium openings ?

Boom, that might be a different material as I found the picture long ago while a trip through the Internet.

G.Alexander

Boomer

Ok Alexander. That stuff in the pic is similar to the stuff in appearance as the SeaChems Labs "de nitrate", not that is is. The SeaChem stuff seems to work better that the other so called Nitrate sponges, as it has more "usable" surface area, due to its apparent "void fraction"

Boomer

I saw that but there is no way we can tell what kind it is. All I can tell is that it is a natural zeolite and not a artificial one. But I still like the pics :D The before and after effect. Actually, I can not even tell you it is really a zeolite from those pics :lol:

Melanie

I hadn't heard about the ZEOvit system until I read your thread. It's a very interesting concept. I particularly liked this quote:

I too have read a great deal about it. It certainly can be successful, and can have some beautiful results, however the same can be achieved through a dearth of methods. There are no absolutes in this hobby, and a lot of times the main point is to find what works best in your setup. What I understood about the Zeovit system led me to feel there was very little margin of error in the system, requiring the constant checking of levels and maintenance of filtration aspects. That said, if you are willing to put the work involved in, the results certainly can be worth it.
WetWebMedia

blue_eyes53813

I have been doing tons of reading on zeovit and I even posted my tank stats on zeovit.com... I wish I had done this sooner. I figured the $ I spent on a UV sterilizer and ozone I could have baught the supplies for a zeovit tank.. I Know I will get all the supplies in time... After xmas... when my funds pick up again.

boozeman

looks like its a wrap.... thank you Alexander for comming to RS !!!
I'm sure now that some members are looking to start the zeo system there will be plenty of questions further down the road.

Frankie

RS STAFF
This turned out to be a very nice thread. Thank you Alexander for taking your time out and getting involved in yet another thread on a forum. Boomer, thank you. I have a much better understanding now on zeolites and how this system works. I see the lure for you with this system and think it a shame you don't start at least a small system to tinker with. :p
I think the only thing for me to do now is get involved. I don't see turning my current tank over to this. It is great the way it is. I will start off from scratch and use the sponsor here for setting it up. Thanks for that info Booze!

blue_eyes53813

I am sure after I get the supplies I will have TONS of questions. But It will be awhile yet. I am currently writing up a fake schedule of the product dosing and getting it all laid out. That is gonna be the hard part at 1st. Getting use to all the product, But Im sure in time it will get easier.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks Alexander for sharing your secrets and your tanks with us! And thanks to Boomer for looking out for us!:D

G.Alexander

Thank you to all of you, it was a pleasure to be a part of this discussion at this wonderful forum.

Wish everybody Merry Christmas and good times for the holidays with your loved :wave:

G.Alexander