ZEOvit System

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have been doing some extensive reading on this zeovit system and visiting some incredible aquariums on line that apply this. Now comes the time to consider trying it for myself and would like anyones knowledge on it.

boozeman

it gets expensive...you have to be consistent in the dosing.... you will have to eliminate the chaeto in your fuge.
you will require a BB with a lot of flow and really good lighting. I believe the favorite zeo combo is 400w radiums with kz fiji purples .
good luck frankie...I seen some jaw dropping collors using zeolithic media.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have been reading that it is possible to do this method part way keeping most of what i have already in my system. Good point on the cheato though Booze. I was not aware of that. I am willing to dump the cheato. Not the sand bed though and now i see i need to do some more reading. :)

boozeman

chaeto and all other algae cannot survive in the nutrient poor water of a zeo tank. Zeo users dont have refugiums, but instead just use the sump for holding the skimmer and media reactor.

mps9506

you be surprised how quickly a BB tank gets covered in coralline and you don't even notice it :)
Especially when the corals are brighter than neon signs....

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Well, I know G.Alexander, who is the ADM of the Zeovit forum. I can probably get him to come for a visit if enough are interested. I have invited him to other forums before.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I'd like to hear from him. To find out more about the system and/or where to find more information on the Zeovit system.

kathywithbirds

I'd like to see some pics of this. I like my sand too, part way might be interesting if possible. As No. 5 said, need more input!!

boozeman

The reason for not having sand is because of the high flow rates that are required to keep those densely stocked sps tanks....sand would get blown all over :lol:

Frankie

RS STAFF
If done right like my tank you can have heavy flow with a sand bottom. I am blowing over 4000 gallons an hour in there already.
If you want to see a system done like this Kat you can look at Muzzys tank.
I think i can pull it off in my current set up but am thinking of building a new smaller tank to experiment in. Like a 40 or 50. I don't think i can afford to build a bigger one atm.

blue_eyes53813

Well, I know G.Alexander, who is the ADM of the Zeovit forum. I can probably get him to come for a visit if enough are interested. I have invited him to other forums before.

It would be really cool if he would/could give us more info on the product.

G.Alexander

Hi Guys, I follow Boomers invitation, thanks therefore, and signed up as a member at Reef Sanctuary.

Let me first say some words about me. I setup my first reef tank 1984 and I am infected with the reefing virus since the beginning. As the first SPS corals where available over here, I live in Germany, I was constantly interested in enhance the environment to keep them healthy, later on colourful also. After all the testing and improvements over the years I ended up 2001 with the so called zeovit system, which is a bacteria driven system to provide a nutrient poor environment, the basis of this system. Some things are different from the classical reefing methods and important to follow to archive success. The system was constantly enhanced since the beginning so I have my present tank, which was setup 2001, running with it furthermore.

Hope I can answer some of your questions, so please feel free to ask.

G.Alexander