ZAPCOnj's 40 Gallon Breeder Adventure

Jeremy0322

I cant really imagine feather dusters harming a clam but thats just what I would assume, I could be wrong with that statement. They are filter feeders though so I cant really imagine them harming him. BTW the tank is coming on VERY nicely, those pictures need to keep rolling so I have something to do at almost 5am, lol.

Mya

Okay, Ill take a frag of that.. And oh ya, those.. And that thing too. Bag em' up with a nice big bow please.

Pfft. Way to make a girl green with envy!
You're gf is into buying you fishie stuff? Oh you better keep her then. For sure.

After reading you're sad xmas poll answer.. I think she did a good job of trying to make ur xmas a very merry one...

sambrinar

Zap those are great picts, take some actinic only shots and enter the contest :D I'm sponsoring it. Those would look SWEET glowing under the actinics. I have a Florida Ric like yours and it does shine!!!

ZAPCOnj

My toadstool finally opened up. here are a few pics..

toadstool
107163164.jpg

Frogspawn
107163165.jpg

My squamosa Clam
107163166.jpg

Fire Fish... i still need to name this guy
107163167.jpg

Florida Rici
107163168.jpg

Mya

Haha. I don't really name my fish. I prolly should. I usually just call them by what they are. My Yellow Tang... blue velvet... Tho my dad does call my evil Maroon Clown my Seminole fish due to her coloring. And because hes a Noles fan... and Im not..

You're tank does look very nice Zap. Very. You have much to be proud of.

ZAPCOnj

I was starving last night... I had gone to Price club/Cost Co last week and bought a 4lb bag of pistachios and couldnt find them until last night! mmmmmmmm.......

sambrinar

I bought a bag like that over TG, still eating out of it, How do you lose a bag that big and fat!! Enjoy your Pistachios!! When are you expecting your coral today??

ZAPCOnj

hehe.. they're sitting on my desk here with me now... I want to open the box but i dont want to risk the corals getting damaged/stressed. I may run home at lunch and acclimate or i will leave early. The shipper said they would be ok until i get home from work today....

sambrinar

What's in the box?? I would open the box so they can get acclimated to the room light, that way it will save a step later, just close the lid when you go outside if the sun is shinning.

ZAPCOnj

well.. i opened the box and found another box.. a styrofoam cooler sealed....

in the cooler there should be

10 polyp ZOA frags of
  • Sun Flowers
  • Yellow Brick Road
  • Nuclear Sunset
  • Rainbow Bright

and 5 polyp ZOA Frags of
  • razberry creme
  • coco Pink
  • cat eyes
  • purple pashion
  • Bold red

I should bet getting more of different kinds as well next wed ... :)

ZAPCOnj

next week should be a good delivery as well.

5 polyp zoa frags of
  • Green apples
  • Candy apples
  • pirates booty
  • bam bam orange
  • electric blue daises
  • hurricanes
  • baby back blues
  • radioactive dragon eyes

:D

and yes.. i started a frag tank linked off of my main system.

ZAPCOnj

yeah i opened the box and i just found out that i will not have enough time to get home to get these guys in the tank so i'm gonna run down the road to the petco and pick up a 2.5 gal tank, tom hob filter, premixed Redsea water and a small heater and get these guys in water then acclimate them later tonight.... or do you think i should wait?

i figure i could keep this stuff here and if i get more deliveries i can get them set up for at least a few hours to reduce the stress of being in bags and such....

thoughts?

note: see now if the GF would let me get a PICO tank to have on my desk at work i wouldn't have this problem.... :D

sambrinar

yeah i opened the box and i just found out that i will not have enough time to get home to get these guys in the tank so i'm gonna run down the road to the petco and pick up a 2.5 gal tank, tom hob filter, premixed Redsea water and a small heater and get these guys in water then acclimate them later tonight.... or do you think i should wait?

i figure i could keep this stuff here and if i get more deliveries i can get them set up for at least a few hours to reduce the stress of being in bags and such....

thoughts?

note: see now if the GF would let me get a PICO tank to have on my desk at work i wouldn't have this problem.... :D

They will be fine until you get home!!! just leave them as is. Is the heat pack still warm?? If so put the styrofoam cover back on and it should keep them warm. and just acclimate them when you get home, they will be fine. I have had mine in the baggies in the box until way late in the evening because I couldn't acclimate them right away and they were perfect

sambrinar

Ohh in that case. OMG, go to the store and get the tank, heater, HOB filter, salt and RO/DI water STAT!! Or they will all die, DIE I tell you LOL HURRY, MUSH, MUSH!!!