Zak's RSM250

yycguy

Re: My RSM 250 after 7 weeks...

As for feeding the pellets try a Garlic supliment, I have and it works great it softens the pellets and I find they can eat it easier. It's called garlic Xtreme Kent Marine Garlic Xtreme 1 oz.

I use it all the time, as I believe it's good for the fish as well (natual antibiotic) and it should entice finicky eaters.

Hope that helps

zak786

Thanks all ...will post some more pics tonight.... We cannot buy Kent Marine products in the UK now I believe :(

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

zak - one important note - you'll certainly get all kinds of opinions in any forum, and some seem to contradict each other. Each tank setup is unique, and what works for one, or even the majority, may not work well for others. Some things are a fact, such as the result of overfeeding. Others are often just general opinions, and should be considered as such. Some do the opposite of what's generally acceptable as a "rule", and are very successful. The trick is finding out what works best for you and your unique "piece of the reef". It's a great family experience having a reef tank!

Let us know if the Coral Beauty starts eating better!

zak786

Thanks Terry thats great advice and I will take on board all I am like a sponge ;)

So I just got 2 x Emerald crabs for the algae.... or as my son insisted on calling it Mithrax sculptus ;)

Looking forward to saying goodbye to my hair algae ...fingers crossed.

I decided I couldnt stand looking at the algae anymore and got a algae scrussing brush out. Also have been bothered that my live rock was too close to the sides of the tank which means i couldnt get to the algae to clean it.

So I have partially re-aquascaped...not sure if it looks too good but I will post some pics up tomorrow....

Let me know how it goes....thinking of getting a Sargassum trigger soon....will it be ok in the RSM250 ?

zak786

Oh sorry one more thing... I got the New Era flakes today at the same time as the crabs and fed the coral beauty while acclimatising the crabs... It took to the marine flakes immediately....

Also my leather coral is sulking again.... not showing at all....

I am sure he will probably sulk again since I have just rescaped ?

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick

zak - one important note - you'll certainly get all kinds of opinions in any forum, and some seem to contradict each other. Each tank setup is unique, and what works for one, or even the majority, may not work well for others. Some things are a fact, such as the result of overfeeding. Others are often just general opinions, and should be considered as such. Some do the opposite of what's generally acceptable as a "rule", and are very successful. The trick is finding out what works best for you and your unique "piece of the reef". It's a great family experience having a reef tank!

Ditto! Just like the books I have from different authors, so called 'pros'. Very contrary. Great point reefmack.

zak786

The LFS told me they dropped most of their products because they are an American product and they couldnt get CE certification or something like this ?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Originally Posted by Reefmack

Zak - related to above - read this great article - it was written by Travis one of the owners & founders of ReefSanctuary - it will serve you well !
745.gif

10kFriendsArt.

small extract...

Learning Who The Players Are.

Soon enough, you'll begin browsing all of the topics, finding ones that interest you and picking up knowledge just for the sake of learning. When you encounter a reply from someone who is obviously well-informed, take a look at their user name and how many posts they've logged, usually to the left of their message. Learn whoops been around for a while, who always gives helpful answers, and yes, learn who doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyone can post, and it's up to you to figure out which advice to act upon.

Let The Majority Rule. Usually.

Not a steadfast rule, but overall a good way to go. If three people say Heliofungia (capitalized) are easy to keep and twenty-seven say they're difficult and time-consuming, listen to the majority. Some people get lucky. Some people have an above-average system. Some people proudly post success stories days before their prized Heliofungia recede and die. The majority of people don't, so listen to them.

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick

The LFS told me they dropped most of their products because they are an American product and they couldnt get CE certification or something like this ?

Right, I see. I suppose it doesn't mean that much now, I didn't like the salt anyway lol. I have a few of their products though...

zak786

Just read it ...is good advice

Zak - related to above - read this great article - it was written by Travis one of the owners & founders of ReefSanctuary - it will serve you well !
745.gif

10kFriendsArt.

small extract...

Learning Who The Players Are.

Soon enough, you'll begin browsing all of the topics, finding ones that interest you and picking up knowledge just for the sake of learning. When you encounter a reply from someone who is obviously well-informed, take a look at their user name and how many posts they've logged, usually to the left of their message. Learn whoops been around for a while, who always gives helpful answers, and yes, learn who doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyone can post, and it's up to you to figure out which advice to act upon.

Let The Majority Rule. Usually.

Not a steadfast rule, but overall a good way to go. If three people say Heliofungia (capitalized) are easy to keep and twenty-seven say they're difficult and time-consuming, listen to the majority. Some people get lucky. Some people have an above-average system. Some people proudly post success stories days before their prized Heliofungia recede and die. The majority of people don't, so listen to them.