Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
@Frankie your knowledge and opinions are required :) lol

What's your thoughts and opinions on the KZ Revolution skimmers?? I've been doing some reading on them and there seems to be two sides to it but I was thinking about giving one a go and thought I would call on your expertise as I trust it. I would appreciate your insight brother :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
@ Wrangy sorry brother! Been real busy and almost missed this!
That is the skimmer I would buy if I didn't make my own.
My custom built skimmer is designed around the same principle. The beckett is the way to go. It is safe and gentile to the living organisms that pass through it. Where as a needle wheel just obliviates everything that passes through.
Being we are trying to keep the good bacteria in the tank it makes a huge difference. This has been debated for years now but i like the way it sounds ;)
Good investment imo!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
@ Wrangy sorry brother! Been real busy and almost missed this!
That is the skimmer I would buy if I didn't make my own.
My custom built skimmer is designed around the same principle. The beckett is the way to go. It is safe and gentile to the living organisms that pass through it. Where as a needle wheel just obliviates everything that passes through.
Being we are trying to keep the good bacteria in the tank it makes a huge difference. This has been debated for years now but i like the way it sounds ;)
Good investment imo!
I thought this was going to be what you'd say ;)
I'm a big fan of the way it sounds too haha and given that zeo is all about bacteria, I definitely think they'd make a great combination as I'm pretty sure my current skimmer is reducing the effectiveness of my zeo at the moment as it is a big ol' needle wheel venturi skimmer, as of today I'm going to be turning it off for 2hrs each time I dose any bacteria products (bak and biomate) and sponge power and just fifteen minutes whenever it's just start and a pump. I'm hoping that this small change will help the bacteria work their magic a little better in the tank :)
And then at tax return time I'll will outlay the $1000 Aussie bucks for the kz small skimmer :) so thanks for your input my friend :)

I'm getting a calcium reactor soon too! It was an absolute steal, a Reef Octopus Calfusion 2600 dual chamber with everything needed so I'm stoked about that and can't wait to get it!! :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Please enjoy some more shots
I bought this piece of acro under the guidance of a much more knowledgeable reefer than I as he said it was going to become a stunner and I'm starting to see why, this little one is going to be a killer piece when it's coloured up completely!
Here's when I bought it, the left middle piece:

And now that we're getting some colour:

After a while now my robusta is still holding strong colour so I'm hoping this is a good sign! :)

One random piece with the blue really starting to come through now

My crazy ass milli under some daylights, this thing is gorgeous!

My new friend that has been in the tank a week or two now and still looking strong and happy :)

And finally a very poor effort at being creative, the colours are terrible lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Woohoo those corals are starting to pop now!
Yes! I'm really happy with the recent changes in the tank over the last week :) things seem to be really settling in so happy days. Little bit of algae that still needs to die off but we'll get there.

I've started the process of turning the skimmer off whenever a bacteria based additive is added so I'm going to revisit this in a week to see if there's many changes made :) the water seems a lot clearer though! Not sure if that's just me though haha

Pat24601

Good to see the tank moving along!

I was just thinking today,how is your hand? Is it healed up? I have no idea how long something like that takes.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Good to see the tank moving along!

I was just thinking today,how is your hand? Is it healed up? I have no idea how long something like that takes.
I agree! :)

Much better! Thanks for asking :) The finger is completely healed an the nail is growing back now too, still a few months left before it's completely healed but we'll get there :) Burnt the same hand at work on Sunday with steam from the bain marie :p haha such is kitchen work!

That milli is a stunner!
Thanks and it is amazing in person :) the colours and everything going on with it are killer!

Snelly40

speaking of "mate".. my buddies brother just flew in from Melbourne, he looked at my truck and said "nice ute mate" :hammerhead::duh::cheers::cheers:

hahahaha.. have a great day buddy