Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
So I may have gone a touch coral crazy yesterday :yup: o_O :outtahere:

My lfs sent me a message the other night saying he was going to get some nice acro's in on Wednesday night and well I decided that first thing Thursday morning I was going to be making a trip out there, I let a certain reefing friend (biggles) know that I was heading over and it was awesome to finally meet him and have a chat! He nearly didn't save me any acro though :laughroll:
I managed to get a couple of nice pieces though a small tricolour colony and another little colony which should turn out amazingly! That wasn't the highlight though. The lovely biggles had a small stryo box of goodies for me and I will be the first one to say that they are AMAZING, some of the best acro frags I've ever seen and received :D :yup: now my sandbed looks like acro-city lol I can't wait to get these all mount throughout the tank!!

A massive massive thank you to biggles for them though!!!
A zoa order that I made the other day came in so I am now swimming in corals :p Here's a pic from the vendor as to what they look like :D I cannot wait for them to become happy :D
10985666_796111033776856_7651010231344707774_n.jpg

Biggles

It was great meeting you Dom :) How are your little acro troopers going mate.

l_zps46oug31y.jpg~original

s_zps0uloudya.jpg~original

Snelly40

Looking great brother! because of you and @Frankie I am definately going to use a Zeovit system. I don't have an auto dosing system and was curious how important that is? Wtih just setting up my new tank and adding a new skimmer and lights and what not, the funds are a little depleted. The Zeovit reactor I'm looking at is from Aquamaxx and looks really nice... http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx...te_Reactors-AquaMaxx-UJ31113-FIFRISDN-vi.html

glad to see it's working so well for you!!!

Snelly40

thanks @Frankie ... lastly... i am running seagel right now which is a mix of carbon and phosban, this will be removed and i'll just run carbon as i've read... does it have to be the zeovit carbon or is any activated carbon worthy of this? ok, now lastly haha, how often do you replace the zeovit stones?

Frankie

RS STAFF
thanks @Frankie ... lastly... i am running seagel right now which is a mix of carbon and phosban, this will be removed and i'll just run carbon as i've read... does it have to be the zeovit carbon or is any activated carbon worthy of this? ok, now lastly haha, how often do you replace the zeovit stones?
@Snelly40 not all carbon achieve the same results.
There carbon is good but I personally think Rox or Lignite is best.
Carbon quality depends on the process and it's size.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sorry for taking your thread over Wrangy!
Also carbon reactors are good but personally think the chances of "channeling" happening are greater. Channeling is when the carbon becomes compressed and the water flows through a channel preventing the full use of the carbon in the chamber.
Socks are best if kneaded daily. This prevents channeling and gives you the most for your buck