Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

Will start up a thread ASAP. Have a physicians certification exam in hyperbaric medicine for the hospital where I see most of my patients so little busy this month but will get on that VERY soon!
Cheers to all, keep the pics coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

Have a physicians certification exam in hyperbaric medicine for the hospital where I see most of my patients

@Scott Conoly Good luck! Your exam will probably be very broad, but I find diving medicine very interesting and took a couple of classes as part of my research diver certification. The inside of a hyperbaric chamber for recompression is one place I never want to be... back when I was conducting research dives and pushing the limits of my dive computer with 3-4 dives a day/6 days a week, I saw many fellow research divers head to the chamber (even diving w/in limits of dive tables which can be more conservative than dive computers). All survived, but were restricted from diving for a certain amount of time after.

The U.S. Navy has the best tables and usually only need to use tables 5&6 (unless over 165 feet) and I think they work better than CPU's too;)
Most of the clinical applications are for 2.0-2.5 ATA for chronic wounds and 100% FiO2. However, the "coolest" (and nastiest) effects of DCS are seen with cluster divers like yourself! Haha fortunately most divers w DCS get diagnosed quickly and so never have more than joint pains etc.

Oxylebius

I was on a Island research station for a summer that had a chamber, most people who were brought in by helicopter were burn patients.

Yeah the UHMS shows acute burns as an indication for Hyperbaric O2 therapy but obamacare won't cover it lol.
In general it's great for significant burns, deep tissue and large surface area affected. Very good data on its effectiveness and it's cost saving as well

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sorry for the medical jargon yakking, Interesting stuff and sometimes I digress! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
haha I love it! I'm always up for any and all good discussion whether it's reefing or not :) Always interesting to read!

Did some tests and a quick water change yesterday and I'm pretty happy with the doser keeping everything in line :) it's been two weeks since my last water change so I definitely have a good idea on usage at the moment.
Ca: 430ppm (dropped the dosing off 5ml)
Mg: 1290ppm (unchanged)
Alk: 1.75meq/l or 5dKh (bumped up 10ml)
NO3: 2.5-5ppm

As you can see the alk was right down which actually makes me really happy because it means that things have started growing at a decent rate after so many years of having very little growth! I can see a weekly difference and even one every time I visit the tank!
I've also put my Biggle Juice on the dose now too so I can stop worry about hat being dosed too :) I have to say I'm a bit in love with my Kore 5th doser lol

Hey Dom, I figured out how to post a new thread so posted as you requested! Any thoughts or corrections welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Just a small update for the evening :) Had some time to do a couple of tests this afternoon and grab a quick pic or two. All things are looking pretty good and the tank has bounced back after a little spike in salinity and a few brunt tips :( lol everything not doing too badly though! I have my computer back now just need the tank with me lol
Salinity: 35ppt
Alk: 6dKH
Ca: 390ppm
Mg: 1200ppm

Right hand side of the tank and my favourite inhabitant

Firetruck is still going real strong even if the pic does make it look a little pink lol

This little frag looks great now the rack has been cleaned up and sorted out, colours should get better from here on in :)

I have to say, I love taking photo's of the Sunny D's! They always seem to turn out so well!! Happy frag either way :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Boy, oh, boy was today a good reefing day! After many moons of wanting, the gods have smiled upon me with the addition of the smallest and most cute little Copperband Butterflyfish I've ever seen :) Today is a good day lol Big thanks to Deer Park Aquarium for such an amazing little fish! Not even 10minutes in the tank and he's already picking around at the rock :)