~Woody's 120 Escapade~

Craig Manoukian

A period where no host is available for parasitic pathogens. 8 to 12 weeks is needed to eliminate the environment for the pathogens to complete their life cycle.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Yep, fallow = PITA :D No fish in my display for probably 12 weeks.... They are all in the hospital tank now.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thank you Greg :)

My purple haddoni did a walk about a few days ago and I came home from work to find a sloppy rescaping job. LOL~
He had decided to plant his foot right in the center of the left stack of rocks and made a few tumble :rolleyes: I had to remove a huge rock (my husband did because it was SO heavy) from the reef due to lack of room.
I am now contemplating how to rescape around the purple monster.....

rebekwl

Your tank is absolutely breathtaking Doni! I didn't even notice the lack of fish until it was mentioned :) I hope the fallow period goes by quickly for you!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Rescaping!

When the purple haddoni moved last week, I had to remove a large 16" and VERY heavy rock due to lack of room.
I tried to chisel/break it into smaller pieces for easier scaping but it was SO incredibly dense, there was no way it was going to break. I even let my son work on it :hammerhea
You can see the scars on the right side from our attempts to break it apart :banghead: A hammer and chisel was no match for this thing. It will becocme part of my flower garden out back :)
20080209rescaping.jpg

A trip to the LFS later I had three medium size dry base rocks. Very pourous and light weight. :thumbup:
They bubbled for a long time when I first put them in.
20080209rescaping004.jpg

I scaped and then rescaped a few more times :rolleyes: to end up with this... the corals are a pit annoyed and the water is a bit foggy...

20080209rescaping003.jpg

20080210rescaping003.jpg

20080210rescaping005.jpg

I live to rescape my reef! :hammerhea :D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks Snelly :)

Here is a full tank shot. The water is still murky but is clearing up fast. I need to put a few frags of GSP in the bare areas on the overflow and scrap the back glass clean. Maybe next weekend....then I'll get another full tank pic that should look much better.

20080210rescaping010.jpg

bluespotjawfish

I know what you mean about dense rock. My xenia is on a rock like that (but a much smaller one). The new scape looks nice. Purple dude just wanted to be front and center.

billyr98

great scaping as always... I don't understand how you can just move something here and then here and it always looks so AWESOME!!

blue_eyes53813

Tank Looks great Doni... Wanna make a trip to Wisconsin to help rescape my tank??? I'll pay your way here... I could use some help..

tbittner

Wow! Looks great! It sure is a full tank. :)

Do you also have an RBTA? Just right of center, the tentacles sticking up from behind the rock. Well, that's what it looks like at least. :)

Where did you get your sand at? It look like cotton.