Ricordia & shrooms
20070225fishpics013.jpg

"Dr. Pepper"
20070225fishpics010.jpg

"JP"
20070225fishpics012.jpg

"Diesel"
20070225fishpics014.jpg

Weirdo "Moe". I think he does this to show off now? Anytime a fish gets close he does this. He isn't aggressive, just strange :rolleyes:
20070225fishpics024.jpg

Adorable "Abby"
20070225fishpics028.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Very nice photography! How do you keep the glare, from the flash, off the glass? That Ricordia is stunning!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks Dentoid!
If I use a flash, I will crop out the glare. If I can not crop out the glare, then I delete the pic. However, 99.9% of the time the flash is off.

lcstorc

Did you get those rics at Trident? I got some just like them a month or two ago. I love the colors in them.
The tank looks awesome and everybody looks really happy. Great work as always.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks Lynn :)
Hummm... not sure where I got the ricordia from but I have had them a looong time. I have bought quite a few ricordia colonies from Trident.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
What setting do you use when you don't turn the flash on and what macro lens do you have?

I am still learning the settings so I will switch around a lot during shootings to practice other stuff. Today I was using either S-shutter priority or M-Macro and adjusting the exposure as needed. With the flash turned off, I take a few practice shots to see how the white balance and exposure look and adjust, adjust, adjust. LOL~

I have only used the Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5~5.6G ED lens.
I have another Nikkor 55-200mm f/4~5.6 that I have never used ....

I want a really nice macro lens! Maybe next Christmas :D

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I can't believe I missed this!!! I'm so happy for you!

Words can't describe how beautiful your new tank looks! Nothing short of absolutely amazing! You've re-inspired me to get my tank back into shape!

I'm totally jealous of your achilles too. I'm gonna get me one in about a month once I fix the issues my tank is having right now. I think I've wanted an achilles for something like 2 years now...

Again, your tank... just... WOW!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thank you guys for all the kind comments! They help to keep me motivated. :happywalk

Craig, I would like a 100 mm also :thumbup:

billyr98

i have the sigma 105mm macro.. I love it.. but a guy in the club has a 60mm and likes it much better.. i will play with it and let you know..

bluespotjawfish

Pics are outstanding! I want a new camera but don't want to wait for Christmas. I was looking at some shots I took in 2005 and they are clearer and have more depth and better color. I haven't liked my camera pics since it was serviced.