Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

Witfull

no,,,its got stuff living on it, micro dusters here and there (THE MULTISTRIPE ANGEL LOVES THEM) coraline, shrooms and briarium. in other low light areas, its just base block~

yes, all the rescue fish are thriving. purple tang's HLLE is 85% better, just some scars left near tha head. the yellow tang's anal fin has grown back (slightly deformed) but no dorsal fin except nubbies where the dorsal spines were. (hes fat and happy).Z is totally healed and you cant see a scar on him. the emperator angel still has an enlarged eye on his right. but for a fish that was for all practical purposes at heavens door, hes enjoying life. my ethiopian skeleton of a rabbit fish is so fat and a pig, eats from my fingers. so,,,,,

All is going good in the Land of Misfit Fish~

cracker

Tank looks great Man! I'm wondering about the cinder blocks. Have they "evolved" as quickly as You thought they would? Any general comparison to any "base rock" You have used in the past? Thanks

Witfull

to me its better than base rock....wide open caverns that larger fish can use without fear of land slides, and even the bottom lavers of base rock will be less "live" in the sense of larger life forms. its serving the purpose for which it was intended. the blue orange and bright green rics are growing directly on the CB's.
rics2.jpg

lcstorc

That was what I liked about the cinder block idea. I love caves and arches. There is so much growing on them now that you really can't tell what they started as.

Witfull

just cleaned the glass and did a waterchange and getting ready to frag, thought id continue talking about the blocks. as i said they are becoming populated. this is the exposed section on the right side of the tank.
side-of-block.jpg

and this is on the far left side.

top-of-block.jpg

and in the center left of the tank under the 3 anemones is another CB.

anemone-triplets.jpg

center right block as mentioned above has a ric garden growng directly on it

rics2.jpg

and finally behind my carpet anemone is the bottom of a CB, same block with the briarium growing on it (far left of tank.)

carpet-corner.jpg