• Marine Environment 2 part

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • Bio-Sea

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Other (please specify below...)

Votes: 56 8.1%

• Total voters

CAReefer

I have used, IO, Reef Crystals and Oceanic. I currently use Sea Chem. I try and maintain levels close to NSW rather than an elevated dKH and CA. Oceanic consistantly tested >550 in CA and <7 in Alk. IO was low in everything (especially Mg.). SeaChem (with the exception of my last batch) consistantly tests out at
425 CA
9.0 Alk
1290 mg
The reaction of my inhabitants has been most positive.

Biggest disappointment has been with the P04 .04 on hanna meter. But I can deal with that. One other concern is elevated boron levels. As soon as I receive a current kit from Habib (salifert) I will know how big of a concern. It also carries the highest level of Potassium which is pretty big in coloration.

Marshal

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
CAReefer... did you ever test the Seachem for Boron? How is that salt working out for you so far?

CAReefer

Been a while since I posted. I never did receive the Boron test kit. I do however, still use the SeaChem salt. Consistency is much improved and mirror my previous test. All inhabitants are doing well and coloration continues to improve. I have no intentions of switching salts.

Marshal

Witfull

recently switched to Sera, German company. tests are beautiful on it. clean sample of fresh made mix.

Salinity-1.025
temp-79*
pH-8.3
Po4-0
NO3-0
dKH-12
Ca-440

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I still haven't received my TM salt ... 10 days with fed ex... yikes :eek:

Last edited:

swissgaurd

can someone tell me the manufacturer of ocean pro salt im looking for availablity in canada.
is there a website on the bag or box.
has someone got readings for this salt.

thanks
vic