When clowns attack

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
hardly. The Pair i have together are the cutest, sweetest things...always come out when i walk by(begging im sure). eat right outa my hands, nooooo problems. The one i have in my 29 is a Paranna in a clownfish suit. He bite me every time. But when my wife feeds him...oooh he doesnt bother her at all. he likes her. Little turd has it in for me im sure. My wife thought i was lying till i showed her. Stuck my hand in the tank, not moving, not disturbing anything...wham wham wham he bit me 3 times in under 5 seconds...and kept comin. SHe thinks its funny.

Only other person he bites is my friend nathan. I had him get nose to the water one day on a bet....he drew blood on my friends nose, I bout wet myself laughin so hard

Are you all for real...that cute little thing...so cute...is jaws...LOL

Iam never sticking my hand in the tank ever again after reading this.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Clownfish may look cute, but they can have Vile dispositions. Im thinking the one in my 29 is grumpy cause there's only one. Im gona get him/her/it a friend and see if that tames the little orange shark. I get aggrovated with people who assume cause they're small and cute that they dont bite...they can draw blood. I've had mine drawn.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I've had my clowns for a couple of years now. I feed them pieces of shrimp from my hand during feeding time and have been forever. They have been totally peaceful and never bother me or any other fish in the tank.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I've had my clowns for a couple of years now. I feed them pieces of shrimp from my hand during feeding time and have been forever. They have been totally peaceful and never bother me or any other fish in the tank.

U still givin em kisses before bed?:p

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

bmplank86

Has been struck by the ban stick
I now put a net in the tank as I play in my tank. It scares the clowns away so I don't get attacked

"No rain, no rainbow"

Oxylebius

I'm wondering if hand feeding them limits the biting? It sounds like this works for some folks, but maybe not all?

Roots

Haha, this thread is funny. I love Clownfish of every kind. My favorite are Gold Band Maroon Clowns. My GBM will bite me if I get too close to her anemone, other than that she's cool with me putting my hands in the tank and she doesn't really bother any of my other fish. One of the main reasons I was drawn to Clowns in the beginning was because of their pugnacious nature combined with their cute appearance. I love it! A while back I had a pair of Ocellaris Clowns that I got from a friend and the little male was a terrorist! He would bite me anytime I put a finger in the water and would just swim around and keep hitting me repeatedly until I removed my hand from the water. They now live with the friend that I had originally gotten them from again, and the male is still just as aggressive. I just got a couple more Ocellaris clowns. 1 snowflake and 1 regular Tank Bred. I haven't paired them up yet, but already they have that tenacity to come swish their tails at me when I am looking closely into the tank.