When clowns attack

Oxylebius

I currently have two young clowns, only one nips so far, hasn't drawn blood yet. I used to have a cleaner shrimp that would jump on my arm and pull the hairs on it, freakin' hurt! I'm leary of the day when the clowns get territorial and mean....

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Truth b told I enter my tank guns loaded. Niger trigger n clown I gotta swat at. Belligerent little things.

.............stay thirsty my friend.

redneckgearhead

My GSM is always near my hand when it's in the tank but has never bit me. She always seems to herd the other fish away from my hand as well.

David Shaw

I had 2 chocolate clowns. The male was fine but the female was incredibly aggressive. She used to bite and flick herself at my hand and even took to leaping out of the water to bite me before i had even put my hand in.

In the end i had enough and took the pair back to the LFS and traded them in.

Funny think was, they put them in a small display tank on the main desk, so i got to see them every week. They were in the tank on their own so seemed happy enough. Eventually they disappeared from the tank so i guess somebody must have bought them.

David Shaw

Nope your definitely not, don't worry. The clowns i have now are fine and aren't aggressive at all. I like a peaceful happy tank and any aggressive fish just gotta go! I struck lucky with my 4 Angels, all get on and are friendly, even swim round together.

sk8rdn

tekjunkie28 said:
Yea I was victimized again lmao. He's is an aggressive thing. Or she. I only have one now so I guess its a male?

Depends on the size and it's social status when it was with other clowns...

....Secret Super Hero....

dmatt88

Yea I was victimized again lmao. He's is an aggressive thing. Or she. I only have one now so I guess its a male?

Look under the tail. Just don't get nipped. Oh if u do please post.

........... we cut living things into pieces. sheez

nollid21

this happens to me every time! I was placing a frag today and he got me. I know its coming. No matter how hard I try, I cant keep myself from ripping my arm out of the tank, and dropping an F-bomb :smack:

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I have 1 Osc Clown in my 29. He bites every time i put my hand in the tank. Scared the hell outa me the first time. Now i have the little paranna trained. I go kiss the water, and he's gota bite me before he gets fed. My kids think im out of my mind, and my wife's positive im out of my mind. But hey, we all get kicks outa different things. THe bites havent been hard or drawn blood since the first time.

Im the proud owner of a trained attack fish. what can i say.

reefermagic

I thought I was the only one that happened to, no matter how long you anticipate, it scares you everytime! I figured I'd get made fun of and called names, for posting that....LOL