Whats up Whats up!!

Coloradoreefer

Hey everyone! Glad to join this forum. I am currently in the hobby 3 years now and have a 29 gallon bio cube that I absolutely cannot do anything more to. I have 250w suspended over an open top tank. Turned the back 3 chambers into a refugium. Threw away the bio balls and replaced with live rock and chato (spelling). I suspneded a 5 light 10k Power Brite (assuming) LED strip over the middle chamber and there you have it. Works great! It's like "Pimp my cube" I have 6 clams (5 maximas and 1 derasa) several different colors of monty plates, mushrooms, electric green candy canes, several kinds of zoos, green/pink birds nest, sunflower polyps, several kinds of ricordeas, large star polyps and several other frags of stuff I don't even know what they are :D Just this week I started setting up my 140 reef ready tank I bought off craigs list with everything. Good deal! A friend gave me an old throw back refugium that I took a dremmel to and gutted to create my own personal design (mimicking refugiums already out) but with my own personal touch! So far everythings working great. I have about a 4 1/2 inch sand bed in fuge and some sand in the tank. I'm waiting on a friend to give me some of his extra sand from his tank. Hopefully this weekend. Then it's live rock and aqua scape time... can't wait.

Uslanja

I'm reading 5280 feet above sea level and I'm thinking; What the heck, you in an airplane? How you going to keep the water from sloshing out? Then I saw your name! Coloradoreefer. Now I get it!!

Welcome aboard!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Coloradoreefer

I will post pics... I returned from San Diego in June and haven't seen my camera since... So I am in the process of getting a new one. Any creative ideas what I should use the bio cube for once the 140 is set up? I will be replacing the 250w with a 150w because the 250w is going on the 140 with 2 others. I was thinking of just growing my frags in it but not too sure..