Welcome to the RSM club forum!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on the new RSM 130D - be sure to start a tank thread and share some pics with us :dance:

Here's a couple of my thoughts...

I would add about 20 lbs of dry rock & 15 lbs live rock - 20 lbs of sand (not live), keep the skimmer and do a 5 gallon water change once a week

but then there is more than one way to proceed... Cheers & Good luck !

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ to this great link... most all of us try to run our tanks close to Randy's suggestions in this link

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us !

ma77301985

hi all. I just joined the sanctuary a couple of days ago and I am already a big fan.
i wanted to share a pic of my 2 month old RSM 250.
Comments and criticism are greatly appreciated!
Thanks

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Beautiful rock & cooperband !

ChrisY

Ditto on the link. I have been referencing that frequently as I try and assimilate more info and put things into perspective.

Hi all! Just jumped back into the saltwater world after about 4 years of being out. I had a 29g for awhile and gave it up when I moved. Just got my Red Sea Max 130d up and cycling. Has much changed in the hobby? The biggest news I have seen in the LED lighting options. Also, should i start a seperate thread to document my progress?

Aquarium.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

745.gif

Start a tank thread so we can follow along - your rock & scape looks great !

marineboy

HI travis am a new member what do you think about box fish i would like to get a yellow spotted fish ?
or should not bother !!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi marineboy - welcome to the RSM Club !

On the Boxfish... Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Cubicus Boxfish

Here a bit of information:

Minimum Tank Size: 125 gallons
Care Level: Expert Only
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Reef Compatible: With Caution

Not sure about the yellow spot puffer... maybe some other member will know... but here another puffer link with some info... Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Spotted Puffer

Minimum Tank Size: 50 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Reef Compatible: With Caution

PS - Travis is the owner of RS :dance: and is not online surfing all the threads a lot... if you don't hear back from him...

macor64

Hello folks,

After being in the freshwater tank world for several years, I have decided to jump in to the reef tank world. I have an RSM250 coming for the holidays (dunno how that's gonna fit in the stocking) and i'm psyched to learn. I consider myself a noob on the reef tanks but I am determined to be a success. I hope to lean on the expertise of the folks on this forum for help.

Thanks

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

745.gif

Congrats on the new Beautiful RSM 250 - Be sure to start a tank thread & share some pics with us :)

oceanreefs

Okay guys I'm back, I've spent more time on my RSM Max 650 than I spent at my business that's a lot of time learned a lot of inns and outs what to do would & not to do. if you're interested let me know I would love to share my good and bad experiences with this wonderful tank.Phil:hug1: